Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions
Reload this Page >

NZ CPL + MEIR to Aussie Licenses, help?

The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions The place for students, instructors and charter guys in Oz, NZ and the rest of Oceania.

NZ CPL + MEIR to Aussie Licenses, help?

Old 19th Jun 2013, 01:59
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: pacific
Age: 29
Posts: 14
NZ CPL + MEIR to Aussie Licenses, help?

Hi Guys

Was wondering if i could get some info from anyone that has converted there licenses to an Australian one. I know about the TTMRA, but I have a few questions.
I did my MEIR two pilot (dumb i know, but didn't really know any better) and I have been looking for pilot jobs coming up on 8 months now in NZ, so i want to head to AUS.

I have heard you only have one shot at converting your license over, so if i converted would 2 pilot MEIR be a problem there?
Would you recommend getting my MEIR done to single pilot standard before heading over or just do it in Australia at a later date.

I know that first job will be vfr but would having 2 pilot meir limit me in regards to getting that first job?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mikezulu is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2013, 02:10
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: south pacific vagrant
Posts: 1,334
Yes, I have.

2 pilot IR is a waste of time. You may as well not have one, employment wise.

Get your single pilot IR done. Saves an Aussie flight test and all the shit that goes with that.

Convert all that to an Aussie licence in one hit.

Not sure about the 1 shot thing. I converted a NZ CPL years ago. Never used it. Then I converted a NZ ATPL over. No big deal, just paperwork and money.
waren9 is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2013, 09:05
  #3 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NH/SH
Age: 44
Posts: 61

Converted mine in 2011 , lots of papers to fill pay some money and then they ( CASA ) will send you the AUS CPL , before you leave NZ get a verification lettr from NZ CAA so that you can sent it with your papers to CASA .

MEIR. I too had that multi Pilot , but I am not aware of the flight test attempts, but mine was lapsed when I converted to Aus CPL, so CASA told me that they can give me a NVFR but cant convert the IR , either I need to get the IR renewed in NZ or else do IREX and a flight test ( SP) to add that to my AUS CPL.

I found the system more helpful and CASA was helpful too, write emails and get it clarified.

Hope this helps

JAMUP is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2013, 11:55
  #4 (permalink)  
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Enzed
Posts: 2,281
did my MEIR two pilot (dumb i know, but didn't really know any better)
AFS strikes again?
27/09 is offline  
Old 21st Jun 2013, 04:51
  #5 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Auckland
Age: 31
Posts: 22


I'm doing multi conversion now after doing SEIFR as two pilot..
Rbwoonton is offline  
Old 22nd Jun 2013, 16:29
  #6 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2
If looking for a twin job, best to have single pilot. But having 2-pilot will by no means stop you from getting a VFR job, or being able to upgrade to single pilot later on.
five-by-five is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.