PDA

View Full Version : N-registered SE planes in Germany

mroczny
30th May 2013, 17:02
I am looking for some N-registered planes in Germany to keep my FAA Instrument rating current. Any ideas?

maximus610
30th May 2013, 17:25
Darmstadt Flying Club in Egelsbach (EDFE).
They have a 152 (vfr) and a 172 (ifr) Cessna.
If need more info, pm me.
Maximus

proudprivate
30th May 2013, 19:09
If it is just about remaining instrument current, you could also consider engaging an FAA instructor and a use an approved simulator. Plenty of those around.

Where in Germany would you be looking for one ?

mroczny
30th May 2013, 19:43
I am located in the middle of the road between Hannover and Berlin, not exactly thy flying capitol of this country, especially regarding N-registered things...:{

proudprivate
30th May 2013, 21:19
Well, in East-Germany they didn't exactly have a tradition of private flying, let alone N-registered private flying ;-)

However, I noticed that Aerowest in Langenhagen has an FTD which they use for their IR(A) training. It looks a bit like an old ATC710, but that would do the trick for you.

2-2. RECENT INSTRUMENT FLIGHT RULES (IFR) EXPERIENCE. In accordance with § 61.57, pilots may complete the six required approaches and holding procedures, intercepting and tracking (all aircraft except gliders) in a ground trainer, level 3-or-below flight training device (FTD), ...[from the 2012 advisory circular]

Why don't you give them a call ? A two hour training session would probably be sufficient to familiarize yourself with the settings of the FTD and to fly 6 approaches and a few holds....

172driver
30th May 2013, 21:58
If Innsbruck isn't too far, PM me

UV
30th May 2013, 22:41
Why in a N reg., or am I missing something?

proudprivate
1st Jun 2013, 15:34
I am located in the middle of the road between Hannover and Berlin

If Innsbruck isn't too far, PM me

I think it's a stiff drive from Magdeburg to Innsbruck. And the instrument approach in Innsbruck isn't exactly what I would be looking for to keep current. :hmm:

Why in a N reg., or am I missing something?

Maybe he doesn't hold a JAR license ? Maybe he wants to do his approaches and holds under IFR ?

mroczny
12th Jun 2013, 23:45
Does every seem can be used to remain FAA IFR current?