PDA

View Full Version : Getting back in the saddle - Licence revalidation expired in 2004

daxwax
20th May 2013, 22:12
Apologies inn advance for the dull question.
I have an old brown UK lifetime PPL (A) gained in 1993.
Its 2 year certificate of revalidation expired in July 2004 and I haven't flown since September 2002 (had 2 kids, had to spend money on nappies and toys etc)
I've ploughed through the CAA site and CAP 804 but can't seem to find the info as to what I need to do to get my licence valid again.

I was told by a CFI that all I need is to do enough flying with an instructor such that they're satisfied I can take and pass an SEP renewal flight test with an examiner. Can someone confirm?
I was also told I don't need to re-take any written exams. Correct?
And do I need to supply all of these forms?
SRG 1119D Course Completion Certificate
SRG 1119C Application for renewal of a Class rating by CAA
SRG 1157 Examiners report
SRG 1104 EASA licence application
Do I need to prove English proficiency SRG 1199?

I've got a shiny new medical so everything in working order there.
Many thanks - I've sent the CAA an email but I'm not expecting a massively swift response.

AdamFrisch
21st May 2013, 06:57
Yes, you do not have to redo the exams, but you will need a ride with examiner. I did exactly the same thing about 4 years ago, mine had expired in 2000, but I hadn't flown since 1995.

MrAverage
21st May 2013, 08:30
Daxwax

We're doing two renewals similar to yours at the moment. Feel free to pm if you have any further questions.

Captain Gadget
21st May 2013, 12:41
Dax

Your CFI has given you good advice. I did the same as you last year, except that my PPL had been issued in 1976 and I hadn't flown SEP since 1981 (or at all since 1992 - ex-military pilot).

Three instructional trips and a skills test saw my PPL revalidated. No exams required retaking, although I did have to resit the FRTOL exam and practical test (because my ticket was more that 10 years out of date, I believe - if I'm right you may get away without doing that, just).

Enjoy

Gadget :ok:

EddieHeli
21st May 2013, 17:58
Get it done asap as the new EASA rules (don't know when they come in) mean you have to do the whole course again from scratch if your licence is over 3 years out of date.

daxwax
21st May 2013, 21:10
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. I'm hoping to get this done within the next couple of weeks or so.
I'll try and ask more exciting questions next time!