PDA

View Full Version : More threats from the banks (today's Observer)

Karoshi
28th Apr 2002, 14:20
Another lack of money story.

http://www.observer.co.uk/business/story/0,6903,706231,00.html

BEXIL160
28th Apr 2002, 17:02
Errr.... Whats all this about then?

http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/article/0,,182-280612,00.html

Rgds Bex

nippa
28th Apr 2002, 22:01
In case you're having trouble with the Times site , here's the gist...

Nats plans a 50% air capacity boost
Dominic O’Connell

NATS, the National Air Traffic Services company, will this week unveil a £1 billion plan to increase Britain’s air capacity by 50% in the next decade.

The privatised air-traffic control service will pledge to build a new £120m control centre in Scotland by 2009, two years later than first planned, as a centrepiece of the scheme.
[cut]

Richard Everitt, chief executive of Nats, will present the proposal to the heads of several airlines this week.
[cut]

Nats envisages increasing its capacity from 2m flights a year to 3m.

The plan sets out improvements for Nats’ flagship centre at Swanwick, Hampshire, which opened in January. Everitt said this could include the purchase of a new software system for the centre by the end of the decade.

[cut]

Bigears
29th Apr 2002, 12:15
I'm having a severe case of Deja Vous here!
Long on promises, short on delivery..........:eek:

Nogbad the Bad
29th Apr 2002, 16:42
And where, I wonder, does Mr Everitt envisage the staff coming from to cope with all this.............

......ahhhhhh, but then again, perhaps he's been talking to those who live in "cloud cockoo land"...or those that are afraid to tell it like it is...........

NATS IS CHRONICALLY SHORT OF VALIDATED CONTROLLERS !!!!!!!!

Anyone listening ?????????

Edited for stupidity........:rolleyes:

BEXIL160
29th Apr 2002, 18:06
Just rumour that comes to me from a colleague at LACC on a different watch......

It appears that several ATCO2s on the top of the scale have "resigned their commissions" and handed in their training attestations (not that they had any for NERC, but thats another story)

Reasons? Apparently mostly morale related, although I dare say that the lack of much financial reward also played it's part.

I am also told that at least two of the Watch Training Managers may well also quit.

Discuss.....

rgds BEX

Nogbad the Bad
30th Apr 2002, 16:26
This looks like meat for a new topic Bex...and NO training attestations ?????? What are SRG up to then ??

Don't tell me.....yet another dispensation ???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BEXIL160
30th Apr 2002, 16:52
Okay. Your wish, etc etc.... I'll start a new thread...

As for SRG / ATSSD. I'm not sure what involvement they have had. Non- NTT OJTIs are being rostered for "refresher" courses by the NERC training section. Presumably on completion they are handed a shiny new page for NERC training whether they feel they want it / feel competent enough or not :confused:

See the new thread....

Bex