PDA

View Full Version : Qantas 767 long haul technical crewing

aaravale
13th Apr 2013, 23:19
Can anybody please tell me the technical crew consist on SYD-HNL? I am curious if there is a relief FO or not?

NSEU
15th Apr 2013, 00:57
A technical crew rest bunk has to be deployed on the 767 Honolulu runs, so I dare say there would be an additional crewmember required for that flight :ok:

blueloo
15th Apr 2013, 02:23
At the moment due to over assigned leave and therefore a shortage of FOs, there is an additional relief Captain on the SYD HNL 767 services.

mustafagander
15th Apr 2013, 16:55
It's meant to be a S/O but with the current cock ups in pilot coverage, it can be any rank.

pull-up-terrain
16th Apr 2013, 07:43
There use to be 767 SO's doing these long haul routes but currently they fly with 2 captains and 1 FO.

Linktrained
18th Apr 2013, 15:08
When Flight time limits were introduced in UK and 2 Captains and 1 F/O were required for a long flight, because the Captains might have equal seniority, the one whose name came first alphabetically would be in Command on departure from Base, changing over for the return flight. ( In the F/O's Union it was said that TWO F/Os were too valuable to fly together !)
Whoever did the T/O or landing, did it from the Left Seat - that was where the nose wheel steering was controlled.
Later, pilots were seat-rated. Only Training Captains and a few Senior F/Os, who might, on occasion, fly as a Second Captain, were checked in both seats on alternate Check flights. I was one. ( The Second Captain's night-stop allowance was increased to Captain's, too!)
Flying with a former Chief Pilot in the R/H seat, whom I knew was only Left hand rated, I queried this. He told me to Bee OFF, ( I think !)
LT