PDA

View Full Version : overhead panel a320

qwsa
2nd Apr 2013, 12:31
Hi!
Does anybody know what the round device is located on the overhead panel of a320,nearby the toilet occupied indicator?It looks like a microphone.

IFixPlanes
2nd Apr 2013, 13:08
...It looks like a microphone.It is! :ok: (CVR)

qwsa
2nd Apr 2013, 18:54
No.It's not CVR mic.The CVR mic is under extirior lights,but this devise is near pedestal light on the overhead panel.Right above captain's head))))

IFixPlanes
3rd Apr 2013, 06:33
No, i was wrong. :(

...but i find the answer:
This is the loudspeeker for the EVAC signal (optional). :ok:

3holelover
3rd Apr 2013, 09:50
Ugh. Well, good on ya for finding it. ...no such redemption for me. :ouch:

spannersatcx
3rd Apr 2013, 16:40
You can always delete your previous post, that way no-one will ever know! :ok:

3holelover
3rd Apr 2013, 18:14
Now why didn't I think of that? ;)....I feel just a bit crooked for it though. :O

I ended up looking for it in my old endorsement course books.... I couldn't find the mic in any itemized panel descriptions at all.... I only found some text that said it's "behind the overhead panel" .... ?:hmm:

qwsa
3rd Apr 2013, 18:32
...but i find the answer:
This is the loudspeeker for the EVAC signal (optional). http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Yeah!Good job man!Where did you find the answer?

IFixPlanes
4th Apr 2013, 06:25
...Where did you find the answer?
Seeking through our training manuals...

seventhreedriver
4th Apr 2013, 18:03
I might be wrong but it may as well serve as a the buzzer of the cockpit door locking system.

FLEXPWR
4th Apr 2013, 18:46
The door buzzer is located further aft, and is encased in black plastic protruding slightly from the panel.

The Evac buzzer shares the panel with toilet ind., and is ...flush...no pun intended :}

Could not get a drawing of it, even in the maintenance manual, but checked it once on the ground and testing the Evac, sure as hell it comes from there, try sticking you ear to it!

Flex