PDA

View Full Version : En Route freqs.

Lunar Landing
24th Apr 2002, 12:05
I have a scanner, and can follow most planes to as far out as Breast control for example, but then they hardly say anything and i like to save my battery :)

What freqs. do pilots use EN ROUTE, when routing info is from the computer and not as such from ATC. I know the comm range is around 118.0 to 135.999 (near enough) but would be interested to listen to anyhting en route such as mandatory report point calls etc. Is it greater than 136.000?

Smooth skies

Dan :cool:

seat 0A
24th Apr 2002, 12:07
Could you give me the frequency for Breast control? :)

Lunar Landing
24th Apr 2002, 12:19
I have had 132.205 and 118.885

Hope this helps...

If you go to 135.32 you'll hear the pass over...

Smooth skies

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
24th Apr 2002, 14:29
Lunar Landing. Not sure what you're actually after.. pilots are in contac t with ATC throughout their whole flights, although that contact may be intermittent in some areas of the world where R/T coverage is not as good as here in Europe. Around Europe it's pretty solid VHF communication and the frequencies are all promulgated in the public domain. A lot of the time position reports are not made if the a/c is in a fully radar-controlled environment - eg the UK - so you may not hear too much going on. The routes they fly are also promulgated in the public domain but in very busy airspace they may be flying radar headings which take them off the standard routes.

Unless you are high up or close to a transmitting station you will not always hear the ground stations but you should be able to hear a/c for some distance if they, too, are reasonably high.

Lastly, it's Brest, not Breast!!!!!

Herod
24th Apr 2002, 19:29
Pity though, I prefer breast !

Georgeablelovehowindia
24th Apr 2002, 20:50
A long time ago, when Dan-Air were still a proud company, there was a looming French ATC strike. We listened to this Dan-Air pilot trying to winkle out of a female controller on a Bordeaux frequency when they were planning to walk out. The initial question "Will there be any problems on my return flight tonight?" was met with a puzzled response. Two more equally obtuse questions, both avoiding the dreaded word "STRIKE" were met with further puzzled responses. Then he tried a different tack "Do you anticipate any problems in your Brest Area this evening?" Quick as a flash some wag chimed in "Oh, delicately put Sir!" I don't know what she said after that, because we were both killing ourselves laughing...

dv8
24th Apr 2002, 21:29
In keeping with my name I cant help but grin when told to "contact Brest" on the RT:D