PDA

View Full Version : Air Law PPL

PPRuNeUser0179
14th Mar 2013, 16:54
Hi everyone

Just a quick question regarding Air Law.
While doing a mock exam on PPLCruiser,a question came up regarding Class Ratings and Type Ratings.I selected the answer which I assumed is right,but I was indeed wrong.I have searched the net quite abit now and have a vague image of what the differences are.
As far as I am aware,a class rating,for example,is:A Single Engine A/C or Multi engine A/C (only pistons)...eg;C172,Baron 58

Of course you get a Single Engine class rating and a Multi Engine Class rating.

And a Type Rating is for a SPECIFIC A/C:King Air,Piper Malibu,Bell 412 etc..

So lets say John had a single class rating,he could fly ANY single piston Aircraft.
Same goes if Mike had a Multi engine class rating,he could fly ANY twin piston aircraft.

And if David had a type rating for the King Air 200,he is entitled to handle any King Air series.IE:C90,200,350

Quite a simple question but I would hate to have to get confused while writing my exam and throw away a mark.

Thanks everyone

Curtis E Carr
14th Mar 2013, 20:06
What is the question?

thing
14th Mar 2013, 22:40
Not to dishearten you Daniele but sometimes the answers on the online quizes aren't correct. In fact IMO some of the answers on the actual papers aren't correct.

PPRuNeUser0179
15th Mar 2013, 08:46
Curtis-Is my view on class Ratings and Type Ratings correct?

Thing-I realized that some answers on Morza Mock exams are incorrect,which is why I opted to join PPLCruiser.So far,touch wood,I have not yet witnessed any deficiency's on cruiser yet...But it surprises me that some answers can vary in the CAA exam and there is a possibility that a "correct answer" could be marked as wrong...
Concerns me a bit,but theres not much I can really do other than just suck it up.

Dan