PDA

View Full Version : PPL, Theory, different countries, EASA

Deepb
12th Mar 2013, 21:03
Hello,

I am Austrian, and considering doing a PPL in Austria. But I am abroad (France) for some more time, and wondered if I can do a distance learning course, and then the exams in another EASA-country for my PPL in Austria? Will that be accepted?

Best regards
Daniel

Steve6443
12th Mar 2013, 21:24
Hi Daniel,

I asked the same questions when I did my PPL (wanted to do the theory in UK because english being my mother tongue, wanted to do the practical in germany where I live). I was informed that this was NOT acceptable, I would have to have to sit the theory and the practical exams under the same licensing authority. Whether that's now changed with EASA is something I can't comment on.

Deepb
15th Mar 2013, 10:48
anyone knows the current situation?

Whopity
16th Mar 2013, 08:53
You can take the theoretical exams in any EU State however; before doing so you will need the recommendation of a Head of Training of an ATO. The HT is also required to certify that you have completed 100 hours of theoretical training. As there are probably no ATOs approved yet for PPL training under EASA, it may take a while for the system to develop fully, but that should not stop you doing the exams where you want. Just bear in mind the theoretical training may differ considerably from one State to another as there are no standardised question banks.

The licence can only be issued by the State that holds your medical records.