PDA

View Full Version : Airfields in the UK with a Spa

tomtytom
11th Mar 2013, 11:27
Title says it all, Looking for a airfield with a spa or a spa with aairfield that I can take the girlfriend to. Based in northwest.

Looking at either just going for the day or staying one night. Anyone founda way of pleasing the best of both worlds taking other half's out?

Tomtytom

Dave Gittins
11th Mar 2013, 13:01
A nice pub for lunch is one thing but finding a spa sounds a step too far.

Over the years I have found that my wife just doesn't mix much with my flying. If I tried to do what you want, there is rather a risk of succumbing to "get there itis" or "get home itis." My wife comes when she is wiling to enjoy the day and go flying for flyings sake, not because I have made some promise to her I may not be able to fulfil.

Fuji Abound
11th Mar 2013, 13:33
Earls Colne - the spa and country club is next door.

L2K - several to choose from and including the world famous spa on the beach.

Both in walking distance, or very short taxi ride, or bikes at L2K.

Probably others closer. I find the best bet is to identify where you want to go and then hunt around for the nearest airfield - it is surprising you usually find somewhere close enough although rarely in walking distance as with these two suggestions.

Jonty
11th Mar 2013, 14:14
I found to best way to please the other half was not to take her. If you really want to make her happy, then leave her your credit card.

this is my username
11th Mar 2013, 14:38
Our place has got a water trough and we could no doubt make the jetwash available too for a small fee, or maybe even a hose-down by the fire crew with eau-de-AFFF?

wsmempson
11th Mar 2013, 15:24
Roserrow in Cornwall is a strip next to a golf club, sports centre and spa hotel.

Mark 1
11th Mar 2013, 16:31
Heythrop (http://www.heythroppark.co.uk/) Park is very close to Enstone.

tomtytom
11th Mar 2013, 16:48
Really like the look of Heythrop Park, Mark 1 its only about 2.5hours there and back aswell :) Are you based at Enstone? My other half enjoys the flying but would earn mega good boy points if i could put a spa visit in halfway through. For a few days at least anyway ;)

tomtytom
11th Mar 2013, 16:50
Our place has got a water trough and we could no doubt make the jetwash available too for a small fee, or maybe even a hose-down by the fire crew with eau-de-AFFF?

I once suggested filling a paddling pool full of mud and getting messy but she wasnt buying that idea :( would of made some great photos for the flyout wall :)

Mark 1
11th Mar 2013, 17:42
Are you based at Enstone?

No, but I used to be. There are also some very nice country pubs nearby like the Crown (http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/north-cotswolds/business-guide/feature/the-crown-inn-in-church-enstone-chipping-norton) at Enstone and the Falkland Arms (http://www.falklandarms.co.uk/) at Great Tew.

Either of the Enstone clubs (Oxfordshire Sportsflying or Enstone Flying Club) should be able to help with arrangements, taxis etc.

STATSMAN
11th Mar 2013, 18:24
Tatenhill with Hilton at St George's Park next door. Mrs S and I spent a weekend at the hotel she went to the spa and I went flying. Be careful you could meet footballers or WAGs.

Small Rodent Driver
11th Mar 2013, 20:29
Woodvale?

Formby Hall Golf Hotel and Spa just a spit and a fa*t away. Walking distance anyhow.

POBJOY
11th Mar 2013, 21:01
Ditto Roserrow;nice strip and facilities plus a great location and close to Rock and Padstow.Stunning estuary and traditional speedboat rides.

GGR
11th Mar 2013, 21:28
We all know airfields were they do massage......sadly only your wallet