PDA

View Full Version : Air Traffic Control Nightmare

Steve6443
3rd Mar 2013, 18:50
Hi guys, was flying this afternoon and, whilst flying close to EDDG (Muenster / Osnabrueck International Airport), heard the following exchange.... Have included subtitles.... No doubt the PIC had some explaining to do once he (finally) arrived at his destination.....

Radio Communications for beginners - YouTube (http://youtu.be/wriLPEeDD0Q)

ShyTorque
3rd Mar 2013, 19:17
He's possibly still taxying.... :p

peterh337
3rd Mar 2013, 19:47
That's superb radio manner by UK standards.

abgd
3rd Mar 2013, 20:09
Did he say he was taking lessons at one point? Perhaps that explains part of it.

Steve6443
3rd Mar 2013, 20:16
Did he say he was taking lessons at one point? Perhaps that explains part of it.

The question is: which part of it? Busting Delta Airspace without contacting the Tower? Establishing on a 4 mile final without contacting the tower? Backtracking along the runway without permission? Getting lost on an airport which has a similar layout as, say, Bristol?

Although he did say "continue training", he also said "we", which to me indicates more than one person onboard - which means I would also have expected the FI to be with him.......

Did break up a relatively uneventful flight, giving me something to chuckle about though.......

thing
3rd Mar 2013, 20:23
:D:D:):) Well it made me larf anyway. The last bit about sending a folllow me car made mrs thing ask what I was laughing at...