PDA

View Full Version : Beautify yourself, company coming up !

piperboy84
2nd Mar 2013, 17:01
Yeap, I had to put my on cleanest rigger boots and least raggedy arsed army jumper in anticipation of my humble strip having its busiest day ever with the arrival of 2 Sky Rangers and really 2 fancy looking weight-shifts, for a minute I thought I was at Heathrow and not my ****ey wee grass field outside Forfar. I went to video their departure hoping to capture the occasion and post it on here, but as usual my friggin Drift HD sportcam packed up again.

The first time visitors seemed to have enjoyed there stop-over, including one female who was on her first time flight as a passenger in a weight-shift.

All in all a good day

Renmure
2nd Mar 2013, 17:26
What a fantastic strip to land at. (I was flying the white Flexwing)

Thanks for the welcome and for pointing us in the direction of the cafe. Can't be many private farmstrips with such a great runway and where a 2 min walk down a path through a nature reserve takes you to cafe serving hot food, coffee and home baking.
Bliss!!

:ok:

John R81
2nd Mar 2013, 17:57
Where is the strip? and, are helicopters also welcome to visit?

Heston
3rd Mar 2013, 08:02
Nearly the whole point of farm strip flying is being able to wear your scruffiest clothes all day...:D

phiggsbroadband
3rd Mar 2013, 09:30
Nearly the whole point of farm strip flying is being able to wear your scruffiest clothes all day...

Problem comes when you land away at say Oxford, where everyone is in shirt and tie, and 3 or 4 gold epuletes etc. Makes one feel a Right Twit.. What?

piperboy84
3rd Mar 2013, 14:38
Problem comes when you land away at say Oxford, where everyone is in shirt and tie, and 3 or 4 gold epuletes etc. Makes one feel a Right Twit.. What?

Yes it does, An unplanned landing away and walking into the clubhouse with your John Deere boiler suit and wellies on can make you feel like an indigenous peasant who has stumbled into a South American admirals get together.