PDA

View Full Version : things you can get away with. ....

tomtytom
28th Feb 2013, 22:50
Flew my goid lady to kirkbride today for celebratory pic nic. Whilst serving pimms and in flight snacks at 6000ft over the lakes I managed to blag that the left rudder pedal was the accelerator and the right rudder pedal was the brake. :) how I love to tease ;). On reflection I thought what else have people got away with telling non aviation passengers. Must give her some credit as she kept is straight and level on heading for a 25nm leg and she has stopped screaming with her hands over her eyes when we are 50ft on finals.....

Level Attitude
28th Feb 2013, 23:30
she has stopped screaming with her hands over her eyes when we are 50ft on finals.....
Guess your landings must have improved then:)

mad_jock
1st Mar 2013, 10:35
Due to having a direct shaft on the TP331 we have to spin the props 10-15 mins after shut down to get rid of heat build up in the engine.

One oil worker asked the reason for this on a charter.

"to wind the rubber band up" was my reply.

The reply was "ahh,ok" with his mates pissing themselves laughing all around.

He submitted a company safety report. Which was treated very seriously by his company QA deptment. And questions were asked why they were chartering aircraft that were powered by rubber bands.

Thankfully when it hit the operations directors desk it cheered his day up. So much so the OIM on the next flight gave me a bar of chocolate from him.

Just goes to show how thick scaffolders are though.

worrab
1st Mar 2013, 13:05
Perhaps that's what the Boeing 787 needs instead of flaming batteries. ;)

Pilot.Lyons
1st Mar 2013, 15:05
Haha love that mad jock

Maybe it would be cruel and fun to fake passing out.. With a secret camera filming the passenger reaction ;)

mad_jock
2nd Mar 2013, 00:12
Nah they wouldn't even know in the back. And there are some right old storys from scottish aviation of crew taking the piss with oilys.

The classic is the shed pilot that came out the front with two bits of string and asked row one to hold them. Then went for a pee. If the punter pulled back the FO saw the string getting tight and pitched up and when it went slack he pitched forward. And the same with roll. When the Captain came back the whole cabon was on tender hooks and the bloke in row 1A was producing a brick.

The joys of flying in class G with punters that didn't have an option if they got on or not.

Armchairflyer
2nd Mar 2013, 11:50
Maybe it would be cruel and fun to fake passing out. With a secret camera filming the passenger reaction.Pilot Pranks with Passengers during Flight - YouTube

Pilot.Lyons
2nd Mar 2013, 15:28
Youtube- Haha absolutely brilliant!

Ill defo do it now :)

Mad jock - love it, shame now days things are too serious

Noah Zark.
2nd Mar 2013, 23:59
The actor, Sir Michael Gambon, is a pilot, and related on telly (might have been on one of Parky's shows) that he did that to a friend he was taking for a flight. His account of the event was very funny.

Level Attitude
3rd Mar 2013, 00:30
Youtube- Haha absolutely brilliant!

Ill defo do it now http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mad jock - love it, shame now days things are too serious

Practical jokes can be very funny, especially for the perpetrator - and
then the viewing public!

They tend not to be so funny to the "victim".

Putting the fear of death in to your passenger on purpose is appalling.

If I had been the passenger in that clip I would have ensured that, after
landing, the pilot required a visit to A&E.

Pilot.Lyons
3rd Mar 2013, 04:37
Level attitude - to be totally honest, if i were the passenger i would probably put him in hospital when on solid ground too....

But i still found his screams hilarious... (Poor sod) and if i were looking back at a video of myself screaming in fear then i would see the funny side too :-)

mad_jock
3rd Mar 2013, 06:40
Must admit scaring the bejesus out of pax isn`t cool in my book either unless you have the ops managers in the back and a boss with a sense of humor and its a company flight.

The odd "welcome to buddy holly airlines" to customers that know you is just a bit of humour. Not cool on a schedule flight.

I used to restrict it to oilys. Coming from ABZ and working in the yards since 15 I well know that you can have a joke with them on the ground but if you cause any fear of life in the air one of them will put you in hospital.

jayteeto
3rd Mar 2013, 07:16
Whilst showing people around an RAF Puma one bloke reached for the wheels up switch, despite being warned to not touch anything.
DON'T TOUCH THAT! Shouts the crewman. Why not? he replies.
That is the chamelion switch. You know some RAF helicopters are yellow, some are red and others are camouflaged? Well this switch is used to change the colour of the helicopter. Problem is, it costs a thousand pounds a time to use the switch. That is why you cant touch it.
He fell for it totally, apologising on the way out. Soon all his mates were asking about the switch. Priceless.

bbbs53
3rd Mar 2013, 09:09
To deliberately scare a pax is cruel. If they had any illusions of maybe flying he killed them dead. GA is in serious trouble and running off potential students seems mad. He wouldn't have flown after for quite some time after, until all of his injury's healed, taint funny Magee.

Pilot.Lyons
3rd Mar 2013, 11:22
Hahaha chameleon switch

ExRAFRadar
9th Mar 2013, 16:26
have to agree with bbbs53. Would you do that in a car at 80 mph ?

WTF would you think it was funny in an aircraft.

Such immaturity for a supposed pilot.

Tw*t

Pace
9th Mar 2013, 16:43
Sounds like the old wartime (before my time) Joke

An instructor flying an old bi plane used to have a trick of showing absolute confidence in his pupils by unscrewing the rear stick and throwing out over the field on the last landing before sending his student solo.

One clever clogs student cottoned onto this and grabbed a spare stick which he concealed in the cockpit.

Sure enough the instructor demonstrated a perfect circuit and told the student to do exactly as he did.

The student flew a perfect circuit and the instructor threw his stick over the side with a large grin.
The student unscrewed his own and to the horror of the instructor threw his out too.

As he screwed the spare one back in he just had enough time to see the instructor bailing out :E

Pace

Echo Romeo
10th Mar 2013, 11:51
Jesus, just seen that video for the first time, what a prat := I can't think of worse prank to inflict on a pax.