PDA

View Full Version : Biggin to Jersey airways

foghorn
22nd Apr 2002, 21:22
I'm thinking of going Biggin - Jersey airways in my Tiger. I'd rather avoid the Biggin SAM SID if I can help it as I would like to get there in a single day :D

I was thinking N0110 A2400 DCT OCK DCT MID /N0110F060 DCT SAM N866 JSY

I am interested in what would be the best airways routing for you guys, mindful that me climbing at 800fpm in the London TMA could ruin your day! Thanks for your help.

Cheers!
foggy.

BEXIL160
22nd Apr 2002, 22:08
By "Tiger"I take it you mean AA5, not the DH82A variety.:) :)

Anyway the route sounds good with one (minor) change. OCK DCT SAM N866 EGJJ.

Intially you'll work Thames RADAR (132.7) then probably Farnborough (125.25). Remember to ASK for your joining clearance ASAP. Depending on the situation in TC (OCK) sector you'll either get a joining clearance and told to contact 134.12 or advised to request a join from Southampton 120.22. Either way you'll end up working Sector 21 at LACC 129.42.

Hope this helps

Rgds
BEX

foghorn
24th Apr 2002, 08:18
Thanks BEXIL, that actually cuts a corner for me!

I've done an IFR transit of the class D Solent CTA (on my IMC rating) before but I've never flown airways in southern half of the country before (only had an IR since last september and did that up north) so am wary about clogging up the busy TMA. That route works a treat for me.

cheers!
foggy

eyeinthesky
26th Apr 2002, 15:04
You might also consider the southern route via BIG-DET-LYD-G27 which has the advantage of a rapid clearance into CAS towards DET and might actually be shorter for Jersey (but not Guernsey). It is however a longer sea crossing.