PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Rating

MTW
22nd Apr 2002, 14:14
Hi,

I currently have a JAR CPL(R) with a FI(R).
Having completed my FI course at the end of last year , I`m about to start to look for a job , hopefuly full time but part time would do for now.
My problem is I need to get my instrument rating by october, as that will be 3 years from finishing my ATPL exams.
I can`t at this time afford to do a full instrument rating course though , so what i idealy would like is somewhere that would part sponser me towards doing it , while i worked for them as a instructor to pay it off.
I`d like it to be a multi-engine instrument rating but would be happy with a single engine one for now , as any will at least keep my credit for the atpl exams and I could pay somewhere around £4000 towards the course plus the test fee of course.
So what I`m hoping someone can tell me , if they know of any flying schools what do part sponsership like this or if anyone else has been able to do something like this before.
Or any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Say again s l o w l y
23rd Apr 2002, 10:25
I can't think of many schools that would be jumping up and down to help you unfortunately. Most run a mile when you try to get them to pay for your Medical. The reason I say this, is that it won't be alot of use to them, for instance unless you've got a lot of hours IMC, you can't teach IR stuff. Therefore in their eyes you don't need it.
Also an IR means you're more likely to go off and get a proper job!!:rolleyes:

Sorry to sound like a damp squib, but give it a go as we'd all be interested to find out if it is possible!

If you can't get them to help, how about a career development loan. £8K interest free and with a Two year repayment holiday. I'm sure you know this already tho'.

Good luck.:)