PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldsway: Current Handling Agent?

LeeP-PA28
16th Feb 2013, 17:16
Hello everyone

I used to fly to Ronaldsway via Manx Flyers however they are closed now til April 2013.

I have some business there next week and operations wanted me to use Rendezvous - however their pricing for a TB20 and 1 day parking was stupid!

Does anyone know of anyone else (awaiting call back from Ashley Gardner). Ideally I want to be on the main apron as I need a hire car and don't want to have to drag equipment from the plane for several hund yards :)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

silverknapper
16th Feb 2013, 18:10
Try the private jet centre. They may do a deal for you.

Chinesespaceman
18th Feb 2013, 19:45
or just land and ask for taxi to Area Mike.....

Bob Stinger
19th Feb 2013, 13:11
Self handle park south side get a taxi round to the other side , saves a lot of £££

LeeP-PA28
19th Feb 2013, 14:42
Thanks chaps.

I ended up speaking with a few companies, ranging from £300 to £55.

I opted in the end to go with the PHL Group:

Platinum Holdings Limited - Ronaldsway Airport Isle of Man (http://www.phl-group.com)

£25 for handling, £18 landing and £4 over night parking.
They bring a hire car air side for you, fuel at £1.62p/l + VAT, have a mobile ops centre with weather / flight planning services up to you departing :)

140KIAS
19th Feb 2013, 17:45
Last time I was there I parked on the apron beside Manx Flyers and made my own may out of the gate. Was picked up by a friend who took me round to the terminal where I paid the landing fee. About £20 from memory.

Getting back in required a phone call to security to open the gate. Only took about 5 mins for them to show up.

Only issue is without transport, its a very long walk around the airfield perimeter to the main terminal. However I believe the car hire companies will deliver your car there - or possibly pick you up.

140KIAS
19th Feb 2013, 17:47
Thanks chaps.

I ended up speaking with a few companies, ranging from £300 to £55.

I opted in the end to go with the PHL Group:

Platinum Holdings Limited - Ronaldsway Airport Isle of Man

£25 for handling, £18 landing and £4 over night parking.
They bring a hire car air side for you, fuel at £1.62p/l + VAT, have a mobile ops centre with weather / flight planning services up to you departing

£55 is pretty good value for than level of service. Not much more than Manx flyers.

Sir George Cayley
19th Feb 2013, 18:40
The surprise for me is the amount of choice. :ok:

SGC

LeeP-PA28
21st Feb 2013, 19:30
Can't thank Brett enough. Last night (5.45PM) I had a call from work saying that a part I was due to fit in Douglas hadn't been shipped and was in Leeds.

I arranged a courier to take it to Blackpool airport. Brett rang ahead, arranged fuel, handling etc for me, met me airside and got me airbourne. He sorted out my GAR's, flight plans etc for me.

Top service for little ££££ !!!

Finally, I can travel to the IoM not dreading the service :)

Rendezvous all the way :)