PDA

View Full Version : ufo reporting

tomtytom
13th Jan 2013, 14:25
Say your out on a jolly and sight a UFO. If you where on your own would you report it and to who? If there where two of you who both saw it would you act differently? I have yet to see anything strange but a discussion sparked yesterday at the club was we would probably say nothing at risk of having medical revoked!

dont overfil
13th Jan 2013, 15:03
I saw a UFO a couple of weeks ago during the high winds. Turned out it was just a bra.

Storm in a D cup.:ooh:

D.O.

doobs115
13th Jan 2013, 15:10
You could try

Men in Black (1997) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119654/)

:)

or

ATC Recording - KLM Pilots Sight UFO - MUST SEE! - YouTube

or you could file an Airprox

After all unidentified just means you could not identify it.

For example you could encounter one of those stupid candle lanterns (BAN BAN BAN)

Regards

Sir George Cayley
13th Jan 2013, 15:52
I'm led to believe a UK UFO club is disbanding. The reason given is that so many people have good quality cameras as part of their phones the lack of any credible evidence tells its own story.

I've been looking up at the sky both day and night for nearly 50 years and never seen anything remotely UFO-ish. I do have one hell of a stiff neck.:ok:

I'm kinda sad but perhaps between hoaxers and military black projects there isn't anything out there.

Unless of course someone here knows different.

SGC

Shaggy Sheep Driver
13th Jan 2013, 19:43
Nothing out there? Oh yes there is! Many years ago I was up from Barton in the Chippy on a very windy day with Rooftop in the back seat when we saw a UFO. It was black, and flashing a bright light at us.

I headed over towards it and to my surprise quickly reached it. Turned out to be a black plastic bin bag fully inflated and tumbling end over end, flashing as it reflected the bright sunlight on each rotation.

Now then. A bin bag at 1,500 feet. How could that have got there? Gotta be the work of aliens, innit. :}

alicopter
13th Jan 2013, 22:14
In french but you can watch the tv reconstruction. Pilot Daniel Michau ex-ALAT, someone to be taken seriously...

https://sites.google.com/site/projectaliensresistance/home-page-projet-aliens-rsistance/observation-du-phenomene-ovni/france-1973-ovni-vs-helicoptere-de-l-alat-lire-la-suite-http-www-rhedae-magazine-com-france-1973-ovni-vs-helicoptere-de-l-alat_a681-html-ixzz0nrw0fuwl-under-creative-commons-license-attribution-non-commercial

enjoy... personaly, never seen any but that would be nice!!!

FlyingKiwi_73
14th Jan 2013, 01:38
tomtytom you really should stop drinking before you fly. :-)

tomtytom
14th Jan 2013, 06:32
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=raf+ace+pilot+hip+flask&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=27PzUKPOK4S7hAfR34DYDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=356#i=0

Its vimpto officer honest *hiccup* ....

oxo
14th Jan 2013, 07:55
Unless of course someone here knows different.

Me. I saw a ufo in 1997, but I don't plan on going into detail only to be ridiculed on here.

On the OP's question, why would you want to report it?

BigEndBob
14th Jan 2013, 22:27
The best i've seen was a meteorite. Holding point at EGBO, summers day, half the sky overcast at several thousand feet, the other half clear blue. Out of the cloud streaming down at 45 degree angle yellow/silver flame with white tail. At first thought it was an aircraft on fire, but the speed was way too fast. The t/l sat next to me didn't see it, nor anyone else i spoke to on the airfield.

screwballburling
15th Jan 2013, 17:49
I would not report it, unless of course safety was involved. If you had photographic evidence then also proceed with extreme caution. You will still be ridiculed and still be accused of doctoring photos/video.

Have I seen anything, shall we say, strange? I am close to retirement. When I have finally retired I may provide a response.

maxred
15th Jan 2013, 19:59
Well when you consider that most of Westminster is populated by ''people like things'', then they have actually arrived and have settled well.

Obviously De Gobment are going to deny your sightings, would let all their secrets out.

FWIW I am a believer, and have seen some:eek:

Pilot.Lyons
16th Jan 2013, 18:19
Even if there was or is something out there it would be swiftly covered ip to avoid mass panic of the general public

RobRocks
16th Jan 2013, 19:23
To be honest considering the staggering number of planets out there it seems impossible for their not to be something but the chances of them/it visiting us and then being spotted despite their advanced tech seems very remote.

But in response to the OP I wouldn't report it I would maybe convey it to the local ATC as in the video a few posts up, if only to be sure it's not in the way of anything.