PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool CTR transit

topunicyclist
17th Apr 2002, 13:22
Hi,

Anyone out there who could tell me what the chances would be of a LPL CTR transit routing Seaforth - LPL overhead - Runcorn Bridge - LLR at Warrington in a PA-28? Also the most likely time/day this sort of request could be granted

I've not yet flown in the LPL CTR, but have often been on the frequency routing to and from North Wales from Blackpool.

Thanks in advance.

spekesoftly
17th Apr 2002, 15:08
Shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming you will be requesting a VFR clearance, which will usually be "not above altitude 1500ft" in the Liverpool CTR. Difficult to suggest the best time of day to call, but be prepared to possibly accept a short delay, or intermediate orbit - the track from the O/H to the Runcorn Bridge and Warrington will conflict with any R/W 27 inbounds, or R/W 09 departures. ( you can check the R/W in use on the GP ATIS - 124.325) Also remember to fly "not above altitude 1250ft", as you enter the LLR, and do not enter the Manchester CTR without a separate specific clearance. Hope it goes well for you :)

topunicyclist
17th Apr 2002, 16:20
Thanks Spekesoftly, some useful info. there.....I've used the low level route a number of times and flown around the Dee Estuary, but would like a bit more practice within controlled airspace.

gilla
23rd Apr 2002, 19:46
Shouldn't be a problem, unless of course the helis and tomahawks are swarming around the circuit on one of those rare but glorious flying days.

There is a new squak code and ssr currently under test (conspicuity 0260-0268) so they can handle more traffic now.

There are published entry/exit routes depending on runway but in general.

09 - exit @ Kirby
27 - exit @ Seaforth
inbound tends to be the opposite although it is suggested that outbound flights follow the Liverpool side of the Mersey and inbound vice versa.

The route via the Mersey is well worth it (plenty to see).

Give them a call in plenty of time:
App 119.85
Atis 124.32

Have fun

spekesoftly
23rd Apr 2002, 23:31
gilla

SSR code 0268 - some transponder you've got there !! ;)

Liverpool Conspicuity:- 0260 - As instructed by ATC, or in accordance with local agreements with based operators.

Liverpool Discreet:- 0261 to 0267 - Only as instructed by ATC.