PDA

View Full Version : Cranfield Pilot Flight Training / The Flying Club

rob_k31
3rd Jan 2013, 08:21
Hi,

Anyone know these guys who have just moved into the ex-CATS building at Cranfield? Have they anything to do with the similarly-named outfit at Hinton?

Thanks,
RK

Pilotage
3rd Jan 2013, 19:51
Same firm. Hinton are trying to expand, and taking advantage of the empty facilities at Cranfield after the departure of CATS and closure of Bonus and Cabair.

P

rob_k31
3rd Jan 2013, 21:14
Thanks P.

Anyone have experience of them? Good/dodgy etc? Worrying that the boss (or someone with the same name) has appeared on crown court lists over the past year.

Looks like they have some interesting types, so I might be tempted to spend some money with them..

gordon field
4th Jan 2013, 08:13
I think that more can be found by checking on the activities of The Flying Vet as he seems to have had a recent confrontation with the owner.

rob_k31
4th Jan 2013, 14:13
Thanks Gordon.

Err, yeah, not so sure I'd spend money with them now.

I will leave it to others to google for themselves rather than post anything :yuk:, just in case I've joined the dots up incorrectly...

shakehandsman
3rd Feb 2013, 08:34
So, is the guy in question (Alexander or Ebbs or whatever) a good guy who was targeted unfairly by others; or is the stuff of the "Thread removal" thread true and he and his company should be avoided?

The stuff seems quite serious. Can it be true that a university would allow their operation if it were true?

rob_k31
4th Feb 2013, 08:46
Will send you a PM. There seems to be lots of vague info, but nobody wishes to extend their neck above the parapet so it's hard to take an informed view. The general view seems to use caution (as with anything in life).

As Gord points out, you can search for yourself on Kirk's flying vet site. As Gord says, he's had dealings with Alexander / Ebbs, some of which is on there.

University are probably unaware of anything if there's been a name change (they probably wouldn't know unless explicitly told). Don't know though. As you say, if the other thread's contents are true and the University knew about it, then I doubt they'd want the individual on their campus.

shakehandsman
10th Feb 2013, 10:39
will watch with interest

they might have been booted off I passed by twice in last 2 wks they were all shut up.