PDA

View Full Version : JAR revalidation after 5 years since last skills test

nigel h
2nd Jan 2013, 13:14
Hi all
I did my last skills test for my PPL 20 11 06 and have flown a few hours with instructors since last time being 2012 about 6 hours and 4 hours the previous year my licence is JAR SEP. My question is what is my requirement for renewal/revalidation of my licence ?

I did speak to the nice lady at the CAA who did quote in Nov 2011 that a new Radio licence and instruction and a Full skills test is required.

I have flown about 10 hours as PUT in the last two years and just gone solo in Gliders and also flown for an hour in Motor Gliders and no my licence is not TMG. Confused ? Thanks Nigel

PS I have a valid class 2 medical so any ideas ? options ? Is the nice lady's Quote still vilid ?

mad_jock
2nd Jan 2013, 13:42
Well thats your SEP lapsed by 3 years so that shouldn;t be to hard to deal with just go to an ATO and see what they say after a flight it could just be go straight to test.

The license though will need renewing and changing to EASA

Pilot.Lyons
2nd Jan 2013, 16:04
I thought rt licence lasted 10 years?

Prop swinger
2nd Jan 2013, 16:43
Yeah, but Nigel didn't say when it was issued, just when he did his last skills test (proficiency check?)

Nigel,
JAR licences last for 5 years so yours has probably expired.
SEP ratings last for 2 years so that will need to be renewed by proficiency check.
Your radio licence may have expired & you will need to have your language proficiency assessed.

The good news is that all of this can be done by an examiner, so take MJ's advice & visit a friendly ATO with your logbook & licence. At a minimum, expect another skills test followed by a lengthy form-filling & cheque signing session, culminating in a valid-for-life EASA PPL eventually arriving in the post.

Pilot.Lyons
2nd Jan 2013, 19:39
True, i assumed that if he got his ppl in 2006 why would he have got his RT in 2002 making it invalid now..... But its wrong to assume