PDA

View Full Version : Private ATPL Ground Tuition

quidam
15th Apr 2002, 19:31
South Coast (Sussex) ATPL(h) wannabee currently studying theory via BGS with first exams sitting at Gatwick in July.

I still find Met a dark art akin to witchcraft and figured I'd got Instruments sorted until I read INS and EFIS chapters.

If the mental situation doesn't improve soon I'm seriously considering investing in some extra tuition in the hope that my hard work to date is not wasted.

Can you help?? If not do you know someone relatively local that could???

If so please email me at [email protected] giving me some idea of what you can do and what £ you'd like.

Cheers

Alex Whittingham
17th Apr 2002, 14:52
Oxford's one day course might be a good idea if you're worried but it should come together on the crammer here at bristol, also consider GTS in Bournemouth, several ex-PPSC instructors just starting on their own and eager to please. 01202 580809.

As far as INS goes Speedbird is on the right track but not completely right, what you need is an overview of the subject, not the maths. Questions asked include what is the Schuler period, what is the product of the second integration of east/west acceleration, when can you insert INS position, what happens if you turn it on and off in flight, the MCDU selections, what is a strapdown INS, what is a RLG made up of, and lots of General Nav great circle/rhumb line questions using INS terminology (DSTRK, etc.). Probably more but you get the drift :D

Delta Wun-Wun
17th Apr 2002, 22:22
Speedbird,
The Schuler period one was certainly there in December`s Instruments exams and again in my Feb re-sit.Along with several similar to what Alex has mentioned above.......and yes you are right...way too bloody indepth!:mad: :eek: