PDA

View Full Version : Help trying to locate PA38 articles

Turbine
13th Apr 2002, 15:56
If anybody has any of these excellent articles, can you please e-mail them to me at [email protected]. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much...

ooo OOO ooo

Aviation Safety, February 1, 1996, "Tomahawk on Trial", by John Lowery

Aviation Safety, October 15, 1996, "Another Tomahawk Spins In", by John Lowery

Aviation Safety, June 1997, "Case Not Closed on PA-38", by John Lowery

Rich-Fine-Green
14th Apr 2002, 02:05
Ah The old Tommy Axe!

Great little machine straight & level - just don't look behind at the tail when doing steep turns stall or (in the old days) - spins. What you can't see won't hurt you.

Can't help with the articles you mentioned but there are plenty more published on the Traumahawk - Good & Bad.

I wish I could remember the source but I read one years ago that stated that the PA38 presented for certification was quite different to the production aircraft. Something to do with the number of ribs in the wing construction and the tail/rudder structure.

Jetgate
15th Apr 2002, 22:11
Turbine,

I've e-mailed a 1998 article to you. Managed to get hold of it from an Instructor friend who took a healthy interest on the Terrorhawk after he just managed to recover from a flat spin at 420 AGL on a Spin demo flight. The only funny part to this story is that the student was totally unaware of the impending catastrophe and thought it was great fun!

Apparently the appearance of Mr. Lowery's articles in US Aviator eventually caused the demise of this Magazine from the burden of litigation...