PDA

View Full Version : Raw data ILS A320

Speedwinner
17th Nov 2012, 09:07
Hello folks,

pretty new on the bus. have a question for the experienced jockeys: i fly often raw data. Very nice aircraft,handling is good especially in windy conditions. But anyhow sometimes in nearly calm winds or shifting variable i experience that the track rhombe doesnt match with the localizer. Some kind of 2 or 3 degrees of to keep tracking. in the sim it works perfect. Also i experience sometimes that the aircraft counteracts my inputs. Coming from the 737 it feels like untrimmed. over all that happens not often and i just want to know you have experience like that or i just cant fly;-) i was talking now of a a321.

thanks guys

PENKO
17th Nov 2012, 09:16
Yep. Sometimes the track is off by one or two degrees. Boeing was much better with this.

main_dog
17th Nov 2012, 11:00
I used to hand-fly raw data ILSs on the 319/320/321 on a regular basis, and I remember that -even in smooth air- some aircraft used to slowly but surely pitch up when left untouched, even though with no input on the sidestick the FBW should have theoretically maintained a constant one-G flightpath. Most noticeable when clean and quite annoying.

As far as the displayed aircraft track not quite matching the ILS QFU (final approach track), this was also common and a bit annoying, but for whatever it's worth I see it happening on the B744 as well. I suppose the track information comes from the ADIRUs/IRUs and of course after some hours of flying some errors are introduced...

Still beats letting the autopilot fly! :ok: