PDA

View Full Version : navigation/landing fees

skybullitt
15th Nov 2012, 21:01
Hi all,

I would like to know how to calculate the fees and taxes involved in a flight of a B777 from Europe to China, from Europe to north America and from Europe to south America.
I need a rough number and possibly ,if there is one, an easy way of determining the approximate amount for navigation fees and landing tax.

Thanks.

dc9-32
16th Nov 2012, 08:03
any decent flight planning system will calculate nav fees for you.

skybullitt
16th Nov 2012, 22:13
Thanks for the hint but I don't have any of those systems nor any access to it, I'm a simple pilot....;)

Anyways is there is any accessible system online (free pls) or anyone willing to give me some rough figures?

GLF5
18th Nov 2012, 17:36
Hi,

First of all what do you need ? Overfly fees, Terminal charges, handling fees ?

The amount of fees you will pay depends usually of:

-mass of your aircraft (MTOW).
-flown route (great circle distance or actual distance, in both cases you need to build a route).
-You also need to know if the flight is commercial, private, scheduled or non scheduled.

I can help you if you give me those infos. By the way, mays I ask you the purpose of that study ?

Cheers

amraam12
18th Nov 2012, 21:50
The charges are going to vary a little bit depending on which route is flown on any given day. Flight planning software like Sabre includes a break-down for airlines to be able to use the most fuel efficient and cost effective route on any given day. En-route navigation and permit charges can vary country-to-country.

Check out the following service from ICAO for calculating en-route charges:

Aeronautical Charges Online (http://legacy.icao.int/eshop/aeronautical_charges_list.htm)

amraam

skybullitt
20th Nov 2012, 20:31
GLF5,

the purpose of my question is a rough calculation of the costs involved in operating an aircraft on those routes for the very initial evaluation of an idea.
The info you asked for could be something like:
-MTOW 348tons
-a commonly flown standard route between those places
-scheduled commercial flights