PDA

View Full Version : tracking the license - advice

alina
6th Nov 2012, 13:42
Been waiting for 7 weeks now for the new license. Called CAA on the 1st - was told it had been despatched by FedEx the day before. Didn't receive it.
Today, week later, got the tracking number from the CAA (having spent about 1.5 hours in all to get through). Except that the number they gave me wasn't recognised on the FedEx site.

Conclusions:
(a) CAA don't inform you when they ship, so the onus is on you to chase (rather ironic, considering that they complain how swamped they are with calls; chap said it would take them too much time to send emails - as if this couldn't be automated)
(b) The FedEx tracking number needs to be 12 digits long, so you must pad it out with sufficient number of leading zeros - only then their software will recognise it

Have we actually been to the Moon?

172driver
6th Nov 2012, 14:36
What a joke, I feel for you! As for FEDEX: I use them a lot and there is no 'padding out' of the tracking number. It is what it is, indeed 12 digits.

London Flyer
6th Nov 2012, 15:10
The CAA couldn't run a tap.

Only yesterday the PLD website was saying the call centre was open between 12 noon and 1pm; the voice message said it was open between 9am and 12 noon and a staff member I spoke to on the phone (dialling another number) said it was open from 1pm.

£73 to get an EASA licence with half the ratings missing (their fault, they admit), no information about when the correct licence will be re-issued, inconsistent information about opening times... and you're hoping for an email from them?! Good luck...

Piper.Classique
6th Nov 2012, 18:34
Just renewed my French microlight instructor's rating. Put the paperwork in the post monday with a sae. Got it back friday.