PDA

View Full Version : 747 FMC

paulbeacock
22nd Oct 2012, 15:09
I am trying to write software to simulate many aspects of the 747 FMC. I have access to various manuals, etc but still cannot work something out.
If I understand correctly, the RTE pages display a route at 'segment' level eg SIDs, AWYs, etc or DIRECT. The RTE LEGS pages then provide details behind those segments eg the individual waypoints in the SID, AWY, etc.
If during a flight the LEGS pages are used to delete a number of waypoints (eg Direct To) that are actually part of an AWY (for example) what will the RTE page show because the AWY is no longer complete? Or does the RTE always show the 'full' plan regardless of any changes made in the LEGS pages? But isn't that going to cause confusion?:ugh:

gorter
22nd Oct 2012, 17:13
If the 747 fmc is the same as the boeings I've flown (let's assume it is) then the rte page will show DIRECT instead of the airway designation on the left and the way point you're headed to on the right. The rest of the route stays intact (post direct)

paulbeacock
23rd Oct 2012, 17:30
Thanks for that 'Gorter'. If I understand you then that is what I assumed and have programmed.