PDA

View Full Version : A320 Circuits and Single Engine circuits, procedures/illustrations

LieDetector
7th Oct 2012, 08:51
Not a bus driver myself but I have the FCOM and the FCTM lying with me, quick glance and I could not find the information on those.
Could you point me to the correct chapter or online resource for the above mentioned. Curious to see what it looks like.

Thanks

tom775257
7th Oct 2012, 09:43
Very easy to fly. Bird on, normal circuit 1500 AAL. Downwind, abeam threshold Flaps2 back to F speed. and start chrono. Time 45 seconds +/- wind correction 1 second per kt wind head/tail. Turn base after the corrected time, gear down, flaps 3 flaps full.

Single engine circuit, do the same. Use man thrust. Be sure to configure past F2 whilst descending on base to keep life good.

Rashid Bacon
7th Oct 2012, 10:36
I think I would be leaving the auto thrust ON with a OEI circuit unless it's not doing what you want.

hetfield
7th Oct 2012, 11:04
Are you talking about manual flight and A/THR ON?

Nubboy
7th Oct 2012, 11:34
Manual thrust, no autopilot whren OEI makes life simpler if you remember how to include the speed trend arrow in your scan. It means you anticipate the changes in yaw when YOU change the thrust, as opposed to autothrust and FiFI the electric wonderjet doing it for you, leaving you playing catch up with the trim. Does mean you have to have old fashioned values, for example a proper working scan, ball park figures for power and attitude, all delightfully old fashioned.
At my previous airline all Capts were RHS checked each sim, just EFATO, single engine circuit, go around, circuit and land. 15 minutes worth of old fashioned hand flying at the company's expense and time. Priceless.

qwsa
7th Oct 2012, 16:57
FCOM PRO-ABN-10 p 4/16

Rashid Bacon
7th Oct 2012, 20:19
Nubboy -

After 20 years on the A320, don't agree with you. The aircraft behaves well OEI with the AP and A/THR ON in normal law.

The only real issue is the combined roll/yaw coupling as thrust changes. The most effective way to manage that is get the a/c rudder trimmed correctly on final with full flap. Timely selection of gear and flap will also minimise the problem.

To avoid the roll/yaw couple, it helps to keep the rudder pressure fixed and fly the aircraft on the side stick only. There might be a slight imbalance, but it makes flying the aircraft very easy.

Zero the rudder trim as you cross the threshold guaranteed of a landing.