PDA

View Full Version : C208 CRE

Fokkerwokker
21st Sep 2012, 18:48
I am having a dense day here. :ugh:

Can any kind soul advise if a separate CAA observation is required to be a CRE on the C208? I can't seem to find any reference to it. It does not appear to turn up as a HPCA on the latest EASA list so presume it is a straight SET rating?

I am currently a CRE/IRR and now a TRE(HPCA) on the King Air. Think that's right!

Any top tips welcome.

Al

BillieBob
21st Sep 2012, 19:05
The C208 is neither complex nor HPA. The class rating is CessnaSET, along with the 206, 207 & 210. If your CRI covers CessnaSET then you should be good to go.

Stan Evil
25th Sep 2012, 17:57
To examine on a C208 you first of all need a Cessna SET class rating. You also need the privilege to instruct on it. That means you must have 15 hours 'flight as pilot' on the class.
Then you need to apply to the CAA for them to decide what standardisation you require to become an examiner on the class. There are 'standard' rules for SEP and MEP but not for any other class. If they consider you sufficiently experienced they may just require you to fly an assessment of competence with a suitably qualified Senior Examiner (and pay the necessary fee).
You'll find something on this in the Flight Examiners' Handbook.