PDA

View Full Version : NEW EASA LICENCE - FI RATING

Aware
18th Sep 2012, 20:09
Got new CPL licence yesterday, all seemed good, but looking at the FI section this morning, there are a number of errors regarding my privileges, this section is quite different to JAR. I rang the CAA this morning and they are sorting for me. They state you need to check CAP 804, Section 4, Part J, subpart 1, page 1 - when you get the new licence -

My night instructor priviledge gone as is the IF for IMC(IR R) ? Any ideas - A thought I do not have a night rating, as incorporated in CPL, CP804 only mentions IR instructor priviledge.

I like the fact that the EASA PPL is imcorporated on licence, although if I drop down to class 2 and operate on PPL, do I still have night priviledges ?

All licence covers ATPL and CPL appear to be blue, is this correct ?

Whopity
19th Sep 2012, 08:32
That's about par for the course, I found a number of errors in their example licence which you might have thought they would have made a special effort to get right. One of the reasons why its not a good idea to be first!
All licence covers ATPL and CPL appear to be blue, is this correct ?Not according to ICAO Annex 15.1.3.1 Where the same coloured material is used for all
licences issued by a Contracting State, that colour shall be
white.

5.1.3.2 Where licences issued by a Contracting State
carry a distinguishing colour marking, the colours shall be as
follows: PPL - Light Brown; ATPL -Dark Green; CPL- Light Blue etc

S-Works
19th Sep 2012, 08:35
Blimey, who cares what colour it is. Mine does not even have a colour, its in a tiny clear plastic sleeve....... :p

Whopity
19th Sep 2012, 09:09
I don't think that's the issue. Our Competent Authority continually reminds us that we must change everything to comply with the new rules regardless of how daft they may be. Perhaps in their rush to comply, they have overlooked some of our International obligations that are of a different era. Unless we have filed a difference we should comply.

Aware
19th Sep 2012, 14:13
My FI ratings all sorted - confusion arose as with JAR the FI rating section showed what you cannot teach, ie no aerobatics. However with EASA it shows what you can teach. CAA system got it the wrong way round , and printed what I can't teach, didnt think I should be teaching aeros and towing I said. I have all the rest now printed on the rating.

As the EASA PPL is on the same licence, as the CPL which has night priviledges incorporated, if you drop down to class 2 and operate on your PPL, you will have to ask CAA to add a night rating to the PPL, otherwise you cannot fly at night. All sorted now for me at no extra cost to add night rating to PPL, still not sure if this is correct but what I was told by FCL. I got a big apoplogy and the rating page is being fed exed today to me no charge.

Dont really think colour matters, although a Virgin Training Captain was in front of me and asked why has my licence colour turned blue. Every licence coming over the counter was blue, maybe only colour they had.

Aware
19th Sep 2012, 14:24
It does strike me that the wallet is so much smaller than the previous JAR ones, the lady at CAA said on no account are you allowed to cut your licence up or any previous ratings medicals - yes Miss I said - how do you expect me to fit something so big in such a small space - end of converstaion.

Aware
21st Sep 2012, 10:47
All arrived this morning with everything added. I was wondering how CAA would deal with us IMC instructors, however the FI rating now states as in FCL 905 IR instruction(g) IR/R).

All done and after all the uncertainty everything has worked out with nothing lost in the way of priviledges. RTF to ATOs is an entirely different matter, I may need a new home and come under the wing of a friendly ATO so that I can continue doing my ever so small bit to help GA pilots.