PDA

View Full Version : Skills test within 6 months of completing instruction

CAVOK2012
11th Sep 2012, 11:31
Hi there,

I am ready to take my PPL skills test, and I am currently waiting for the combination of examiner/aircraft/weather/work availability to all fall in place :hmm:

I finished my last exams a couple of weeks ago, and did my QXC 4 months ago.

One question I have though, is regarding this from LASORS C1.4:

"The Skill Test shall be taken within 6 months of completing the flight instruction".

Does this mean I have 6 months from doing exercise 19? (about a month ago) Or does it mean I have 6 months from the circuits I flew last weekend with my instructor (brushing up on flapless landings and glide approaches)?

Thanks! :ok:

guyleedsutd
11th Sep 2012, 15:53
I passed my ppl skills test this Saturday gone and from what I was told afterwards the 6 months is from completion of your revision so you can count the circuits as pre test revision

Bernardo.andr
29th Apr 2014, 21:22
I am in the same situation, I've done my EASA & FAA PPL flying lessons 6 months and 10 days ago, at the time I did my FAA check ride (so I hold an FAA PPL and I've been flying since then).

So basically I need to do a "revision flight" with an instructor and then I have another 6 months to test is that it?

Thanks!

RTN11
30th Apr 2014, 00:00
You should get a course completion certificate when the course is complete.

Considering that the course includes a fair bit of mandatory groundschool, the head of training will have a lot of discretion with this paperwork, so I really wouldn't worry about this deadline.

The one to watch is getting the paperwork issued after completion of the test, that's a real deadline that the CAA will stick to hard.