PDA

View Full Version : RTOW (TEMP ENTRY)

pacinolove
26th Aug 2012, 07:58
in the FCOM 2.02.12 P5
for a takeoff,weight lower than those displayed on the chart,associated speeds are calculated as follows:
1 For given configuration and wind,note the speeds associated with the takeoff weight in the row displaying the highest permissible temperature.
2 Apply speed corrections provided at the bottom of the RTOW chart to V1,VR and V2 limited to the minimum speeds.

i want to ask if in the RTOW chart (TEMP .ENTRY),the maximum permissible TEMP is 45,and it is permissible take off weight is 74.0 tons and associated speeds V1=152 Vr=153 V2=156. we actual takeoff weight is 67.1 tons. in the RTOW chart ,the Tref (OAT) is 44 .and Tmax(OAT) is 54.

can i set the final value v1=152 vr=153 v2=156 flexible temp=44

or v1=152-7=145 vr=153-7=146 v2=156-7=149 flexible temp=44

?????

Pugilistic Animus
29th Aug 2012, 13:47
1 For given configuration and wind,note the speeds associated with the
takeoff weight in the row displaying the highest permissible temperature.
Apply speed corrections provided at the bottom of the RTOW chart to V1,VR and V2
limited to the minimum speeds.

If the first set of weights are chosen correctly i.e if those are the speed asociated with the highest permissible temperature for your weight and your actual weight is lower than any charted values and -7 is the correct factor that satisfies condition 2

then you use the second set with the -7's unless that corrected V speeds go below the minimum weight...always do exactly what the handbook says

of course I don't know what's in 'the row' exactly or even what takeoff weight they mean exactly...but it seems your following direction maybe you could post the RTOW chartt and one of the many experts here could look and tell you for certain

:)