PDA

View Full Version : A320 BMC Question

Harry Cane
15th Aug 2012, 08:54
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding dual BMC fault on A320, the FCOM says that this fault is only crew awareness. The point is what happens to the bleed valves, do they remain open?

Thanks a lot, HC

i_like_tea
15th Aug 2012, 10:49
From FCOM.....

If one BMC fails, the adjacent BMC takes over the monitoring of the bleed system to issue the following ECAM warnings if necessary :
‐ overpressure
‐ overtemperature
‐ wing leak.
Nevertheless, the associated FAULT light on the AIR COND panel is lost, and the associated bleed valve does not close automatically.
ENG BLEED LEAK warning is lost for the associated engine, as is also the APU BLEED LEAK warning if BMC1 has failed.

Harry Cane
15th Aug 2012, 11:55
Both bleed valves will not close automatically. I have the subject clear now, thanks a lot I_Like_Tea :)

chuzwuza
15th Aug 2012, 21:10
Further to the above post, the bmc's are bleed monitoring computers. Monitoring being the key word here. They have no control over the bleed systems at all.

IFixPlanes
16th Aug 2012, 06:32
... Monitoring being the key word here. They have no control over the bleed systems at all. No, knowledge is the key word here...:E

The BMCs have control functions:
They close the PRV at
- Engine start
- APU bleed supply.
- Engine bleed FAULT warning

in addition they also control and monitor the automatic X-bleed valve operation with APU bleed supply.

airguy2012
6th Jun 2018, 08:07
x-control concept by opposite BMC has introduced in series NEO. For CEO, BMCs are separately control.
Also any one has pictures of new concept? pls show me
tks all