PDA

View Full Version : Cross crediting IR

slr737
12th Aug 2012, 07:39
I'm getting lost between the old LASOR, the JAA rules, the new CAP804 and EASA.....

I hold a multi-pilot IR(A). I did hold previously a Single pilot IR(A).

My MP IR(a) is valid. Can I fly IFR on single pilot aircraft? Will this change on the 17th september when we go into EASA?

What do I need to do to regain that SP IR(a)

thx

Whopity
12th Aug 2012, 08:30
In order to exercise your SP IR privileges it must be valid, this can be achieved by taking a revalidation test in a SPA. Once they are both valid, then you can retain the SP privileges by experience so long as the MP IR is also valid. Part FCL App 8Provided that within the preceding 12 months the applicant has flown at least three IFR departures and approaches on an SP class or type of aeroplane in single pilot operations, or, for multi-engine non-high performance non-complex aeroplanes, the applicant has passed section 6 of the skill test for single-pilot non-high performance non-complex aeroplanes flown solely by reference to instruments in single-pilot operation.

nick14
12th Aug 2012, 09:38
It's fairly simple to do.

At present my aim is to have an MEP/IR, SEP, and revalidate the whole lot by an MEP class rating test with an asymmetric approach to GA and asymmetric approach and landing on instruments, using my MP IR revalidation check to credit the IR part.

Interestingly, does anyone know how I can upgrade my SE IR to MEP? Do I just need to do the asymmetric parts of the test as I hold a valid MP IR and valid SE IR?

Thanks

slr737
12th Aug 2012, 11:50
Whopity,

Is it a revalidation or renewal test for the SPA IR. Meaning could it be done in a simulator.

Reading the "old" lasor, a renewal cannot be done in a FNPT II. however the revalidation can.

thx for the answer

Cobalt
12th Aug 2012, 19:28
Renewal = It has expired, you do something to get it back.

Test required, has to be in an actual aeroplane.

Revalidation = Rating is still valid, you do something to keep it before it expires.

Can be done in a variety of ways, but if done by test, every OTHER test has to be in an actual aeroplane - you cannot revalidate by test in an FNTP II twice in succession.

In reality (assuming MEP) you fly an airways sector, IFR airwork and a couple of approaches (one asymmetric) as part of the MEP revalidation / renewal test, not a separate test, so the hassle and extra cost is not huge in the grand scheme of things.

slr737
13th Aug 2012, 03:54
My multi pilot IR has never expired, however i have not flown under single pilot IR for a while. Under JAR that would not be an issue but the UK CAA consider the SPA IR and the MPA IR to be two different rating.

So i am assuming this is a renewal of my SPA IR even if my MPA IR is still valid. This require a test in the aircraft.

Reading EASA, there doesn't sem to be a difference now between the MPA and SPA IR?

Whopity
13th Aug 2012, 07:44
Essentially, holding a valid MP IR prevents the 7 or 5 year rules applying to your SP IR privileges however; you have to renew it as it has expired. Reading EASA, there doesn't sem to be a difference now between the MPA and SPA IR?The differences can be found in App 8 to Reg 1178 which lists cross creditsAppendix 8
Cross-crediting of the IR part of a class or type rating proficiency check
A. Aeroplanes

slr737
20th Aug 2012, 19:53
Whopity,

Just to make sure. I could now take a SP IR skill test to renew my SP IR as i have a valid MP IR. Just to make sure as my SP Ir has exprired since 1998. And lasir is not clear or is it better to wait till easa?

Will this change on the 17 th sept with easa?

Thx

Whopity
20th Aug 2012, 22:34
I could now take a SP IR skill test to renew my SP IR as i have a valid MP IR.Correct, as you have a valid MP IR it does not matter when your SP IR expired.

slr737
21st Aug 2012, 06:02
Just to be sure on the correct paper to fill in.

On form SRG 1119, which tick should I put :
revalidation, renewal less than 5 years, renewal more than 5 years.

My SP IR expired in 2000, while my MP IR has always been valid. Might be silly question but my examiner is German and as per JAA they do not separate SP IR and MP IR as in the UK.

Whopity
21st Aug 2012, 06:21
From the Flight Examiners Handbook Table 4B:Note: If an applicant has been exercising the privileges of an instrument rating on another category of aircraft (including MPA)... ... the renewal requirements will be based on the expiry date of the IR currently being exercised