PDA

View Full Version : what to wear.....hmmmm??!!!

moo
4th Apr 2002, 15:43
don't want to sound like a bit of a creamy kev, but what should I wear to my test day in london village on monday? don't want to be too smart, but don't want to look like a pikey!!!!!

Goldfish Watcher
4th Apr 2002, 15:46
Dont worry about looking like a pikey. There's one on my watch and he does alright. :D

Good STOP..............................

...................CARRY ON........luck

Vercingetorix
4th Apr 2002, 17:07
What's a pikey ? Is it an elitist term used by overpaid wannabee middle class atcos !

phil_marshall
4th Apr 2002, 19:26
Would this same advice apply to those of us attending Eurocontrol's test days?
There's be no doubt in my mind for an interview, but things are a bit more vague for a couple of hours of tests!
I'll probably wear a suit anyway, but just to hear what others have to say.

moo
4th Apr 2002, 21:40
a pikey is a gypo...ya know, "Snatch".........d-ya like dags, wanna buy a caravan......for me maa!!!!!!

shirt an tie it is then, not too much of a toff, but safely out of the pikey gypo shopping trolley band hehe!!!!

............................................................ ............................

"Never let the odds keep you from pursuing what you know in your heart you were meant to do"

a moment's silence to absorb...............

brown trousers
4th Apr 2002, 22:50
At the end of the day its only the tests your doing so your not under scrutiny.

I went for my tests on wednesday in t-shirt and jeans and was the only one as everyone else was sooted and booted :D which wasnt bad considering it was a warm day for manchester!!!

As for eurocontrol...... when I sat the interview i was suited to the nines while my co-applicant turned up in t-shirt and shorts!! and got on the first couse :mad:

Thats europeans for ya!!!

BT.

stringfellow hawke
5th Apr 2002, 07:45
I called NATS Recruitment to ask them the same thing. They said "don't worry, go in whatever you're comfortable in as along as it's not scruffy". They didn't define scruffy, so I went in jeans and a shirt. Most others were suited and booted, but there really was no need. You're only there to sit exams. There's no personal one on one stuff.

5th Apr 2002, 08:38
It depends on whether you want to be an Area controller (in which case you'd be better turning up in jeans and a t-shirt, preferably a bit late, and then complain bitterly about not getting an early go) or an Airport controller (in which case you's be better off in a shirt and tie, but don't wear a suit as it'll make people suspicious!).

Anyway, good luck!!

Goldfish Watcher
5th Apr 2002, 13:27
I went suited and it was quite uncomfortable as I got more stressed with the tests.

Best go for something tidy and neutral (ie not your most flamboyant clubbing gear)

A couple of lads turned up for the tests at the same time straight from work which was on a building site. Dont think it matters what your wearing for the tests (mind you Ive never seen another thing of the lads in torn jeans and hard hats;) )

crowman
5th Apr 2002, 22:33
In reply to Goldfish watcher, being a bit of a pikey probably hasn't done me that good as recent events would testify!! Well done to the others!!!

moo
5th Apr 2002, 22:35
brown trousers, have you got any advice or points that should be noted for me tests next week?

chars

MinimumRest
6th Apr 2002, 07:08
Hey Brown Trousers, I was at the Manchester tests on Wed, don't remember seeing you dressed all casual......:confused:

Moo, read the booklet inside out before you go. Also have a practice of those tests they sent you, as they are very close to what you'll be doing. Good luck !

brown trousers
6th Apr 2002, 09:34
MunimumRest........

How about being the only one in Blue Jeans and black Jumper??

Unfortunately my Leiderhosen were in the wash that day :rolleyes:

BT

nodelay
6th Apr 2002, 20:17
See you on Monday Moo. Good luck!! Wear what the hell you like, it has no bearing on whether you can do the job.

Bright-Ling
6th Apr 2002, 20:27
Then why are most trainees the only people expected to wear a shirt and tie!?!?!?

B-L

Gonzo
6th Apr 2002, 20:56
B-L, you mean you don't wear a shirt and tie to work????

I'm shocked!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Gonzo.

MinimumRest
7th Apr 2002, 10:24
Brown Trousers, there were so many people there that I truly don't remember you. Think those cubes have caused me permanent brain damage. What group were you? I was A.

MR XxX

brown trousers
7th Apr 2002, 13:35
I too was in group A.

For the tests in the afternoon I was sat at the back on my todd!!!

I know what your saying tho........ I can only remember 3-4 faces and 2 of those were wimmin! ;)

BT

MinimumRest
8th Apr 2002, 17:11
Oh, well I'm a woman so maybe you remember me! I was sat next to a guy with short dark hair and we were by the window on the right. I was the one who finished the personality tests an age before everyone else (convinced a missed a page). I had a grey trouser suit and eat all the chocolate biscuits during the break - does this help?! :D

MR XxX

moo
8th Apr 2002, 22:55
group d for me! I remeber you minimumrest, you foxy little minx raaaaarrwwwww!!! hehe!! only pulling yur plonker..........we didn't get any chocolate biscuits..........theiving gypsy bastards that group a!!

roger
9th Apr 2002, 09:45
Careful moo
At nerc and just going by the cloths they wear, there must be at least 5 gypsys on each watch. And thats not even counting atco 2s and atsas....

for the love of...
9th Apr 2002, 14:15
Was anyone at the tests in Glasgow on the 26th March? i'm eagerly awaiting the results....anyone heard yet?:confused:

MinimumRest
9th Apr 2002, 17:50
Moo was @ the MAN selection tests last Wed??

MR XxX

WX Man
10th Apr 2002, 06:22
The only guy I know who didn't wear a suit (or at least a shirt and tie) at the interview stage was a guy who already worked at Maastricht UAC.

Other than that, I reckon something v. neutral for the tests: i.e. shirt, smartish trousers and poss a tie if you're feeling daring. Don't worry about a suit though.

moo
10th Apr 2002, 13:29
nope soz, I was at London on the 8th. there was someone there matching what you were wearing though............not that i was taking any notice of the 4 women or anything.........:rolleyes: