PDA

View Full Version : NPPL (SLMG) to NPPL (SSEA)

mrmum
31st Jul 2012, 23:03
Has anyone done the addition of a SSEA class rating to an NPPL with SLMG & microlight class ratings?
SECTION 2. CROSS-CREDITING LICENCES AND RATINGS TO NPPL (SSEA)
2.1 Pilots with valid licences and ratings NPPL (SLMG)...to NPPL (SSEA). The holder of a valid NPPL with SLMG Class Rating...who wishes to obtain a SSEA Class Rating shall:
a. Produce the NPPL or UK PPL (A) SLMG;
b. Produce log book evidence of having satisfactorily completed SSEA conversion training with a FI(A) or CRI(SPA) on single-engine piston aeroplanes;
c. Hold a valid NPPL Medical Declaration or JAA Class 1 or 2 medical certificate
This seems very straightforward, just some conversion training at my discretion and no tests, flight or theory. Just wondering what the conversion training you did was and how long it took.
Much less requirements than if the candidate was microlight qualified;
NPPL(Microlight)...to NPPL (SSEA)
The holder of a valid NPPL with Microlight Class Rating without restrictions
who wishes to obtain a SSEA Class Rating shall:
a. Produce the NPPL;
b. Produce logbook evidence of currency on Microlight aircraft;
c Carry out such SSEA conversion training as is judged necessary by the FI(A) or CRI(SPA) conducting the training to achieve the required standard for the applicant to take the NPPL NST and GST in a SSEA. This training must include:
(1) Not less than 1 hour of dual instrument appreciation;
(2) 2 hours stall awareness/spin avoidance training;
(3) Differences training for Microlight pilots whose Microlight flying has been solely on flexwing aircraft;
(4) Not less than the 32 hours required minimum total flight time for the NPPL with SSEA Class Rating, which may be a combination of both Microlight and SSEA flying.
d. Pass the JAR-FCL PPL (A) theoretical examination in Aircraft (General) & Principles of Flight;
e. Hold a valid NPPL Medical Declaration or JAA Class 1 or 2 medical certificate;
f. Pass the NPPL NST and GST in a SSEA.
So, as my student has both the above class ratings, which set of requirements apply? The less onerous SLMG (which is what I think) or the more involved microlight?
I know I can contact NPPL, they're always pretty helpful, just wondering if anybody's already done it.

S-Works
1st Aug 2012, 07:23
If he has both then the less onerous can be used.

airwave45
12th Mar 2014, 22:51
Is it still possible to do the ssea conversion training on a nppl before chopping it for a lapl?

BEagle
12th Mar 2014, 23:35
Yes.

airwave45
13th Mar 2014, 22:25
Thanks BEagle.