PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Text Messages

pudoc
22nd Jul 2012, 18:54
Hi,

Can anybody confirm what the time stated in the text message is. So far, all my flight plans have been approved with an SMS stating "EOBT (1000)" for example. However, my flight plan that was just approved just said "1000".

The pilot guide on airspace safety website was no help. Is this time the EOBT (despite it not saying EOBT for the first time) or the estimated zone entry time?

Cheers.

asyncio
22nd Jul 2012, 19:14
All my text messages have just contained the time.
They were all the EOBT time, both in and out of the zone.

toptobottom
22nd Jul 2012, 19:49
The departure time (UTC)

sycamore
22nd Jul 2012, 20:14
EOBT is `Estimated Off Blocks Time`,ie taxi time,or heli lift-time.EET is `Estimated Elapsed Time`,either at the `boundary for entry or exit,and or re-entry.Times are UTC,as stated ie 1 hour behind Local time..You also have +/- 30 mins flex on those times..

pudoc
22nd Jul 2012, 21:55
Much obliged.

stickandrudderman
23rd Jul 2012, 08:06
You also have +/- 30 mins flex on those times..
I used a flight plan yesterday where I was 40 mins behind schedule and there wasn't a problem. Idid explain to farnborough on initial contatt that I had concerns but he didn't think there's be a problem and there wasn't. All thanks to everyone involved for a surprisingly easy and smooth service.:ok:

Looks lie I'm developing keybourd dislexia (or whatever the correct spelling is....)

And even then I still didn't get it right....:ugh: