PDA

View Full Version : Language Proficiency Test

Aware
12th Jul 2012, 18:29
I have been informed today that my language proficiency level 4 has expired in March 2012. I am renewing my CPL in September. CAA have said I need to renew the proficiency.

Can anyone advise how to do this ? I am not due a test before then so will not meet an examiner ? Looked at he CAA doc which relates to this, but seems to indicate that it is expected to be renewed at a flight test. Although I come from Luton I think my command of the english language would allow me to attain level 6, which is then valid for life as I understand.

madlandrover
12th Jul 2012, 20:38
I come from Luton

In which case, have you not done any flight test/proficiency check in the last 3 years? The guidance on Language Proficiency (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1688/ICAO%20Language%20Proficiency%20for%20Flight%20Crew.pdf) indicates that you should have been informally assessed on a test, proficiency check, or potentially FI seminar.

pembroke
15th Jul 2012, 19:33
When you had the last LPC/prof. check/LST or revalidation by experience, the FE should have completed both page 1 and 2 of SRG\1119. Page 2 has a "level 6" declaration. If this wasn't done, and make sure you have the correct issue of this form (issue 15), then you can have a stand alone declaration c/o SRG\1199.
ps, If you read the notes carefully for SRG\1119, you find that this evaluation can be made, even if the form is used for "revalidation by experience", and not a test. An FE should be able to sign this, as they also should have covered this in their 3 yearly revalidation.

Aware
17th Jul 2012, 16:09
Thanks for replies its now sorted Examiner who did my last test completed a stand alone form confirming level 6.