PDA

View Full Version : Islay Airport open day & Airshow

Twilight
7th Jul 2012, 13:36
It's on next saturday 14th.

Bigears
8th Jul 2012, 22:06
Any more info, E.g. whats going to be there and are there reduced landing fees?

kui2324
9th Jul 2012, 19:28
Islay Airport (http://www.hial.co.uk/islay-airport/)

Only details I've seen are on their website. Not exactly widely publicised on the mainland :)

piperboy84
9th Jul 2012, 21:00
Asked my dad (he is 78) if he fancied flying down with me in the Maule from Forfar to the Islay fly-in? he said yes and is all excited about it. He said the last time he was there was 40 years ago to buy cattle at the big Islay cattle auction held during the day followed by a big party at night, him and a bunch of other farmers/cattle buyers from around Scotland hired 2 light twins to fly from Glasgow out to the island. At the big do after the cattle auction he was asked by one of the organisers if he and a few of his farmer mates would judge the Island's beauty contest being held at the do, to which he agreed. He said they picked 3 cracking looking birds for 1st 2nd and third but the organizer was furious at him because they had not picked his daughter. All the farmers agreed that they would have picked her had she been entered in the earlier contest over at the auction !!!!!

Bigears
9th Jul 2012, 21:21
Thanks kui2324,
Didn't notice that on the website when I looked- maybe it wasn't there then or maybe I'm going blind :O
Just the info I was looking for, and when I phoned today I was told that there was no landing fee for Saturday- all I need now is a reduction in the forecast wind

kui2324
10th Jul 2012, 17:50
Bigears no problem someone else had asked me earlier in the day and it was only when I used a certain search engine that I found it. Emailed my form to them last night.

Yep wx been interesting over the last few weeks so might catch you there if wx behaves!