PDA

View Full Version : need Help about training at EFT

TheNakedTrader
24th Jun 2012, 23:59
Hi guys,

I'm planning my route to do some flight training at EFT i.e. European Flight Training.

For a start, I want to do my JAA PPL and a standalone FAA PPL there as well as a JAA ME(P) and probably an FAA ME rating to add on to the standalone PPL. After achieiving both ME ratings on my JAA and FAA PPL, I will probably return home to Singapore to take a break, then come back to do my FAA IR. and then CPL...so on and so forth.

Anyhow, the questions below relate to only PPL and ME training for starters..

1) Is it possible to do a JAA ME(P) as well as a FAA ME rating concurrently? I know it's possible for the JAA PPL and FAA standalone PPL. But what about for multi-engine ratings?

2) Typically, what is the average duration taken to complete the training and pass the JAA and FAA ME checkrides?

3) Is there any hours requirement to start Multi Engine for both the JAA and FAA?

4) When applying to EFT for JAA PPL training, can I also apply for the ME course at the same time?

5) Or should I apply for ME course nearing the end or when I pass my PPL checkride?

6) Can a single TSA Training Request application done for my JAA PPL also incorporate ME into one single application or do I need to apply twice and hence pay twice?

7) Assuming after my JAA ME(P) and FAA Multi Engine rating, I return to do my FAA IR rating...including my PPL hours, how many hours would I have in total (estimate) if I were to not do any other flying outside of taking courses and instruction? The reason I'm asking, is to determine whether I would have 250 hours from my PPL, ME and IR training to go for FAA CPL.

All advice and recommendation is much appreciated.

fwjc
25th Jun 2012, 03:24
Have you tried asking these questions direct to your intended school? They should be able to give you an authoritative set of answers, and to advise you as to the most appropriate way to progress.