PDA

View Full Version : PPL FI

crosswind737
23rd Jun 2012, 20:16
Hi guys.I m wondering something about being an instructor with PPL.Is it possible to get FI with class 2 medical certificate?

Whopity
23rd Jun 2012, 22:51
Yes it has been possible since 1999 and now you can be remunerated as well.

Aware
24th Jun 2012, 07:28
Yes for the LAPL, EASA PPL yes but you will have to demonstate CPL knowledge to be paid, under EASA thats 13 exams, JAR was 9. LAPL may or may not provide much work.

BEagle
24th Jun 2012, 09:14
Wrong....

To instruct for the PPL you will need to have passed the CPL exams whether or not you wish to receive remuneration.

For the LAPL(A) (not the LAPL(H)), you don't need to have passed the CPL exams and you may be paid.

You may also instruct as a PPL/CRI without needing to have passed the CPL exams and be paid. So you could teach both ab initio LAPL(A) students as a PPL/FI and qualified licence holders as a PPL/CRI without having passed the CPL exams.

As a suitably-qualified CRI will also be permitted to instruct for the Aerobatic Rating, to teach aerobatics to PPL holders you would need to hold a CRI certificate if you hadn't passed the CPL exams because you couldn't do so as an FI!

Wonderful stuff, this €urocracy......NOT!

Whopity
24th Jun 2012, 09:54
but you will have to demonstate CPL knowledge to be paidThe question was about medical certificates, nothing to do with payment or qualifications! But you were wrong anyway, as Beagle said, the CPL exams have nothing to do with remuneration! RTFQ

crosswind737
24th Jun 2012, 10:10
Okay guys thanks to all of you for your interests.But I dont have much knowledge about LAPL.My question was can I become instructor in a flight school with PPL and Class 2 Medical Certificate with or without having passed the theory of CPL?I m under JAR/EASA regulations by the way.

Aware
24th Jun 2012, 11:33
I may or may not understand all this euro nonsense by they time they change it all again, to what who knows ? But hopefully we may get to discuss something relating to actual flying rather than the euro rule book.

BillieBob
24th Jun 2012, 20:35
can I become instructor in a flight school with PPL and Class 2 Medical Certificate with or without having passed the theory of CPL?Yes. Next question, please.

pembroke
26th Jun 2012, 07:27
To paraphrase from 1178/2011
FCL 205A PPL(A) privileges. If instructor/examiner privileges are held, remuneration can be paid for instructing/examining, re. LAPL(A) and PPL(A).
However FCL 915 states that if a PPL(A) is held, a prerequisite for an FI certificate (rating) is "CPL knowledge" for PPL(A) training/examining, but not required for LAPL(A) training/examining.
On the same subject, one of my recent e mails to the CAA asked if I could assume PPL privileges c/o my ATPL, maintain my medical as Class2, and be paid for instructing and examining at PPL level, as per EASA.(see other posts) The answer was basically yes. The quote was ORS 4 896, plus other references to FCL205 and FCL1000. But they also point out that until Sept17, the status quo of JAR FCL and LASORS remains.

Whopity
26th Jun 2012, 09:15
LASORS has never had any "Status" it is simply a guidance document that points at other sources.