PDA

View Full Version : Missing the annual renual date

first taff
22nd Jun 2012, 06:20
we need to get our aircraft to it's maintenance facility for it's annual , but with the bad weather we may miss the date , I have been told we then need to apply to the CAA for some paperwork to be able to fly it up and it's several hundred pounds !!
anyone else had experience of this problem and advice please ?
thanks in advance

jxk
22nd Jun 2012, 06:54
Will depend on whether you are EASA or Appendix 2.
From memory EASA is £180 to the CAA and you still need a someone to sign (what was) 'A' conditions.

Wonderful!

mad_jock
22nd Jun 2012, 07:13
In some ways it seems harsh but there used to be alot of piss taking.

Although they should have a months grace when the aircraft could be flown qualified pilot and pax only ( pax has a license of any form even if they don't have a SEP rating ie ATPL with 747 rating is acceptable) The plane doesn't turn into a dangerous heap over night so and other 30 days isn't going to affect things.

I suspect though that if you contact them before it runs out using the ****e wx card you may get a nice suprise if you speak to the right person.

JUST-local
22nd Jun 2012, 08:54
EASA ?

If your ARC has run out-you must get a permit to fly it or you C of A is not valid!

If your ARC is valid and its just out of annual check you might be able to fly it depending on your maintenance programme, if you are on the LAMP ask your engineer they should ok it for up to a month.

CAA CofA ?

Your engineer can arrange conditions A as mentioned before if the CofA has run out.

BackPacker
22nd Jun 2012, 09:24
If it's just the annual check, and no major structural parts work, engine swap or something else, it might just be cheaper and easier to ask the engineer to drive over and perform the annual on-site. Particularly if you can borrow a hangar for a day.

I'm not saying it is definitely cheaper, but all considered it might just be worth investigating.

jxk
22nd Jun 2012, 16:58
If it's just the annual check, and no major structural parts work, engine swap or something else, it might just be cheaper and easier to ask the engineer to drive over and perform the annual on-site. Particularly if you can borrow a hangar for a day.Just a day to do an annual? Hmm, I suspect Peter337 might have something to say about this!

A and C
23rd Jun 2012, 16:58
I can't think how an annual check could be done in a day, a nil snag annual on a good aircraft is usually about three days work if you have all the tooling to hand.

An average annual Normaly runs to about ten days if a few snags are encountered.

The cost to an EASA certificate of fitness to fly is IRO £ 180 and the cost of a LAE to inspect the aircraft............. This is the sort of progress that we expect from EASA, with annex 2 aircraft you LAE can issue you with an "A" conditions permit.

smarthawke
23rd Jun 2012, 17:43
As has been said, with an EASA CofA machine maintained to the CAA Light Aircraft Maintenance Programme (LAMP) there is a permitted variation for the Annual of 1 month - one handy thing to come out of EASA.... See Section 4, Page 1, Para 2.

There are some provisos though such as it does require an 'inspection' to issue the variation (as with any variation/extension).

If it still can't be done this way then you need an EASA 'Temporary Permit to Fly' (application form SRG 1733 from the CAA website). This form is 'applicable to UK registered EASA aircraft types for which a Permit to Fly is required due to the Certificate of
Airworthiness being temporarily invalid'.

I have a feeling that the Annual inspection must be carried out at an approved organisation's facility, but I stand to be corrected.

first taff
24th Jun 2012, 12:39
thank you for all your input , much appreciated