PDA

View Full Version : Cracks found in A380

code0
14th Jun 2012, 17:31
Greetings!

Would anybody know the cracks found in A380's wing rib foot are detected by which NDT method or methods ? possibly eddy current and gamma ?

FlightPathOBN
14th Jun 2012, 19:14
After the engine blew, they used the madeinuk test to find the other cracks!:}

FERetd
14th Jun 2012, 21:08
You mean that the wings weren't made in China? Everything in my household is and is pretty poor quality.:D

FlightPathOBN
14th Jun 2012, 23:14
Unfortunately, all of the newest machinery and technology is in China, and the quality of the work output is unmatched in the aviation industry.

FERetd
15th Jun 2012, 09:05
FlightPathOBN, Quote:- " Unfortunately, all of the newest machinery and technology is in China, and the quality of the work output is unmatched in the aviation industry".

Having spent 20 years in the Fragrant Harbour, I have experienced this "unmatched quality of work" of which you speak. If you are trying to tell me how good it is, then our standards differ greatly. When maintenance was carried out in Hong Kong it was very good, as soon as it moved to mainland China it was another story - several stories actually.

The only reason any manufacturing is carried out in China is not because of quality but because it's cheap.

FullWings
15th Jun 2012, 09:54
The normal rule of "you get what you pay for" applies in China too. You can obtain better quality for the same price as in the West or take the same quality at a lesser price (or even lower quality at a low price). There's a choice there, just like everywhere else...

HAWK21M
15th Jun 2012, 10:12
Heard of "Pay peanuts get monkeys" enough said :)

FlightPathOBN
18th Jun 2012, 17:01
You have to be careful what you are saying, many of the Boeing and Airbus aircraft parts are made in China!

http://www.cfr.org/content/publications/images/boeingChina_545_343.jpg

We should be really happy that Airbus opened a plant in China, rather than in the US....

Airbus has entered talks in a bid to extend production beyond 2016 (http://main.omanobserver.om/node/99168)