PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself SFC - EGKA

rafikibob
5th Jun 2012, 17:29
Hi,
I've just started on my PPL with SFC at Shoreham. A whole 2 hours logged so far. Just wanted to say hi in case anyone else was in the same boat and on here.
Cheers all,
Rob

dan_vector
5th Jun 2012, 20:08
Hi Rob, I hope you're enjoying the training so far? Welcome to the club....

Shoreham is a lovely place to fly from - I have flown in there several times recently and had a very pleasant stroll along the sea front!

Good luck!

Grob Queen
5th Jun 2012, 20:42
Hi Rob,
Welcome to the best (and the most expensive) hobby in the world!

Hope you enjoyed "Effects of Controls"...it now just gets better and better... :):):)

GQ

loumate
5th Jun 2012, 21:20
Hi rob

Ive recently qualified at SFC...it's a great club to learn at and I'm sure you'll do well...stick at it and fly as often as you can...I had few breaks which meant that it took me longer than it should have...the wx was also a bummer at times esp when trying to get the QXC sorted.

Theyve a good mix of instructors there and although I had one main one, you do occasionally get to fly with others which is good to get a different perspective on how you're progressing.

Keep us posted with how things go and most of all, enjoy...they'll be days when you finish a lesson when you wonder whether you can do it (for me it was when I started in the circuit)...stick at it, the club will get you through.

Happy if you want to PM me about anything...

Lou

rafikibob
5th Jun 2012, 22:17
Thanks for the replies all.
Yeah, I foolishly mentioned it to a work colleague and he said:
"I hear you can make a small fortune getting a pilot's licence.....you start off with a good sized one, and then you make it small."
I don't suppose he's wrong - still, you can't take it with you.

Thanks for the encouragement and thanks Lou, i'll drop you a line when and if I get the right question for you :)

I live in Telford during the mid-week and I noticed a place up near there, Shropshire Aero Club at Sleap, and they're at least £30/hr cheaper for the same aircraft/instruction. Shoreham's lovely, but £30/hr difference will add up over time. The tea at SFC better be bloody nice ;)

R