PDA

View Full Version : A320 CAT 3 Dual

wheelbarrow
1st Jun 2012, 15:15
Hi Guy's,

Was in Sim today. LVP's.....etc. A question about the FMA. Can you be limited to CAT 3 single when the FMA indicates CAT 3 Dual? I think you can e.g if one of the "AP OFF" ECAM warning is U/S. Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick 1
1st Jun 2012, 16:42
A/P disconnet p/b two requested , Nav Display two requested , if I remember well.

Cheers.

wheelbarrow
1st Jun 2012, 18:43
I looked in the Required equipment for CAT 2/ CAT 3 in the back of the QRH. Say's need 2 "AP OFF" ECAM warning's fro Cat 3 dual. These are unmonitored by the FMGC and I guess wont influence the FMA status. If one is inop will the FMA still read CAT 3 DUAL even though we are limited to CAT 3 single?

Thanks

TyroPicard
4th Jun 2012, 19:18
If the AP OFF warning failure occurs on the subject flight how will you know? You are not required to test it before a LVP approach.
The clue is in italics on that QRH page..
"On ground, the equipment list determines which approach category the aircraft will be able to perform at the next landing." (My bolding).
i.e. On a previous flight the AP OFF warning was inop, entered in Maintenance Log, and is now a MEL item.

Whether the FMA will say CAT3 DUAL.... well I haven't a clue! Can the engineers change a setting?