PDA

View Full Version : Logbook CAP 407

sootytern
19th May 2012, 14:46
All,

I've only done a couple of flying hours towards PPL.

I'm a bit confused as to how to fill out the logbook.

Can anyone tell me what i should be filling in the fileds: Pilot in command (P1), Co-pilot (P2) or Dual?

when do I have to fill it out?

Thanks

madlandrover
19th May 2012, 17:28
Get your instructor to go through it with you - this is part of PPL training.

Weirdfish
19th May 2012, 17:35
Not sure why you wouldn't have been shown this after your first lesson so I second that you should bring it up with your instructor. :)

dan_vector
19th May 2012, 17:58
Yes, your instructor should explain what to log after each flight. However basically flight time (brakes off to brakes on) with instructor is logged dual and flight time solo is logged P1. You'll not log any P2 during training and most if not all your PPL flying. You'll also need to log the exercise number/detail in the remarks column.

Ask your instructor at the start of your next lesson to go over your last flights to ensure you log them correctly.

Enjoy your flying!!

Pilot.Lyons
19th May 2012, 19:26
Hey,

In my logbook it gives you basic details on what to fill in near the front..

Good luck with the training..... Mine were some of the best days of my life!

Dan Winterland
20th May 2012, 05:07
The definitive document is CAP 804, the CAA's guide to the EASA regulations which explain the minum requirements and which category your time should be logged. See section 1 part E.

CAP 804: Flight Crew Licensing: Mandatory Requirements, Policy and Guidance | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5000)