scuffa
12th May 2012, 17:59
can anyone recommend a good place to do ppl training in canada

edward mccarthy
12th May 2012, 18:16
i also have an intrest in flying in Canada

custardpsc
13th May 2012, 10:44
I am just planning my third trip to the same school in Vancouver, Pacific Rim at Pitt Meadows. No connection other than happy customer. Did my float rating there and post -ppl training. Well run, high standards, good instructors, friendly, small block payments. Its about 30 miles from downtown Vancouver - don't expect night life, I stay at the local ramada and walk to the airport (about 20-25 min). Patient ATC, easy to find airport from the air, little in the way of distractions !

Pilot DAR
13th May 2012, 11:06
I very highly recommend Lake Country Airways: Lake Country Airways: floatplane training, endorsements, float charters and rentals (http://www.lakecountryairways.ca/) A small and personal company, where you learn to fly in uncontrolled airspace, with lots of room, and beautiful scenery, but still near enough to Toronto for controlled airspace practice if you would like it. You can learn on wheels and floats, in 172's. I finished my commercial there years back. Very experienced instructors, and the company owns its aircraft. The school has an excellent relationship with the owner of the airport, who lives on site. You're definiatley not just a number at this school!