PDA

View Full Version : Revalidating an IMCr

pipertommy
7th May 2012, 20:06
Hi, Wondered if you can help me. I have/had an IMCr on my licence which expired over 5 years ago (not much over, months).
I would like to have the IMCr re-issued and seen I may have to undertake 7.5hrs of training!
I held an ME/IR which expired in 2009.

Will this added/more current IF training help over ride the 7.5hrs??

I have not let these ratings merely lapse, I lost my job for a while and couldn`t put any funds in this direction sadly.

pipertommy
7th May 2012, 20:12
Sorry think I just found the answer in another forum;

Exemptions and Credits
• An applicant who has held an ICAO IR(A)...or a UK professional pilots licence aeroplanes at some time in the 10 years before the date of application for the IMC Rating will be exempt from the requirement to undergo a formal course of flight or ground training but will need to pass the ground examination and initial IMC Rating flight test.
• An applicant who has held an ICAO IR(A)...or a UK professional pilot licence aeroplanes...at some time in the 5 years before the date of application for the IMC Rating will be exempt from taking the ground examination• An applicant who holds an ICAO IR(A)...and has passed a single-pilot IR test in the 24 months preceding the date of application for the IMC Rating will be exempt from taking the initial IMC Flight Test and written examination. Applicants will be required to apply for the issue of the IMC rating within this period, and the IMC granted will be valid for 25 months from the date the last IR test was passed.

So I just need to get the flight test done!

Whopity
7th May 2012, 20:27
I see you are an FI so you no doubt hold a CPL. If its a UK CPL the IMC privileges are embedded! For a JAA licence, IMC test and as you have the rating on your licence and you have held an IR the Examiner can sign you up. A point to note is if you let the IR go outside 7 years you will have to retake all the exams!

rightbank
7th May 2012, 20:41
If its a UK CPL the IMC privileges are embedded!

I thought its the UK ATPL that has the privileges, not the CPL.

mrmum
7th May 2012, 20:53
They both have, from schedule 7 of the ANO;
Commercial Pilot’s Licence (Aeroplanes)
Privileges:
(1) The holder of a Commercial Pilot's Licence (Aeroplanes) is entitled to exercise the privileges of a United Kingdom Private Pilot's Licence (Aeroplanes) which includes an instrument meteorological conditions rating (aeroplanes) and a night rating (aeroplanes) or night qualification (aeroplane)
Airline Transport Pilot’s Licence (Aeroplanes)
Privileges:
The holder of an Airline Transport Pilot's Licence (Aeroplanes) is entitled to exercise the privileges of a United Kingdom Commercial Pilot's Licence(Aeroplanes) except that the restriction at sub-paragraph (4)(f) of those privileges does not apply.

BEagle
7th May 2012, 22:20
7.5 hours? Whence does that come?

From CAP 804:
3.5.2 Renewal
Where the IMC rating or IR (Restricted) has expired by not more than 5 years, the revalidation requirements of 3.5.1 apply for renewal.

Where the IMC rating or IR (Restricted) has expired by more than 5 years, the candidate shall carry out dual instruction, at the discretion of the FI or IRI as appropriate covering the IMC rating course, and pass the Initial IMC Rating Test with an IMC rating examiner in a suitably equipped aircraft. If the rating has expired by more than 10 years, then the IMC Theoretical Knowledge Examination must be passed.

This does NOT mean that you need to complete the entire course, merely that the refresher training covers appropriate parts of the IMCR course in order to prepare you for the test.

Usual confusing stuff from the Belgranists though; how else could you take the test other than 'in a suitably equipped aircraft'? In a boat??

pipertommy
8th May 2012, 11:01
Great thanks!!
I picked up the 7.5hrs info off ontrack aviation website, which states;

IMC Rating Expired By More Than 5 years

Complete a minimum 7.5 hours dual instruction covering the IMC Rating course and pass the Initial IMC Flight Test with an FE.

Thanks for clearing up my query everyone:ok: