PDA

View Full Version : Time between night rating completion and sending it off

pudoc
7th May 2012, 19:11
Hi,

I got my night rating back in November but I couldn't send it off to be put on my PPL because the CAA had my license, long story.

Literally the next day I went abroad and I still haven't returned to the UK. My PPL is sitting nicely at a relatives house whilst the night rating papers signed by my instructor are with me.

My instructor assured me there was no time limit from when I completed my night rating to getting it put on my license. No rush I thought, I'll send my night rating off with my license this summer when I return to the UK. However, it's a long time since November and what with EASA licenses changing I'm getting a bit nervous as to whether my instructor was correct.

Can anyone confirm? If there is a time limit and it's passed, what's the worst case scenario? Hoping I don't have to do it all again.

mad_jock
7th May 2012, 21:00
Its not an examinor sign off so its training as required as per the regs.

No time limit.

Cusco
7th May 2012, 21:43
And it's a Night Qualification..................:ugh:

mrmum
7th May 2012, 21:50
There doesn't seem to be any time limit between NQ course completion and application, having had a look at the form and LASORS.

However, there's no reason why you can't send the application off anytime you want, if you don't mind posting it from the states. The CAA don't need your licence, just your log book, the application form SRG1126 and of course the payment form SRG1187. See section 10 of your form, submission instructions.They already know you have a licence as it's in their database, they'll just send you new pages saying "the privileges of this licence may be exercised at night".

pudoc
7th May 2012, 21:57
Thanks everyone. Mind = at rest.

thing
8th May 2012, 00:02
£8.90 a word plus postage for the privilege in case you were interested..:)

pudoc
8th May 2012, 11:46
Maybe I'll just frame the papers and hang it above my bed.

Whopity
8th May 2012, 19:22
And it's a Night Qualification..................Will be under EASA