PDA

View Full Version : VH or RA-Aus Registration for a new LSA

sydneydave
25th Apr 2012, 04:02
Could anyone advise me please ....... I have a new LSA aircraft arriving in Australia from Brazil in July - my question is :-

Is there any more difficulty for a PPL pilot to fly in and out of Controlled Airspace with an RA-Aus registered aircraft ( fitted out with all appropriately required instrumentation... Transponder etc ) than if I registered the plane as VH ??

Most of my flying is around Sydney - the manufacturer suggests I should register it RA-Aus for ease of the maintenance impost.

My 17 year son wants to start flying however he is likely to only get a recreational licence............what to do ?? :confused:

baswell
1st May 2012, 02:10
You probably should have asked this in the "Dunnunda" forums, maybe a mod can move it there?

The answer is: a PPL or above can fly a factory built LSA with transponder (up to date RAD43/47, of course!) into CTA without any questions asked. Happens all the time here.

Yes, go for RA-Aus, it'll save you a bundle in maintenance and if your son wants to learn to fly in RA-Aus, he wouldn't be able to do that in a VH registered aircraft.

sydneydave
9th May 2012, 02:40
Hi Baswell,

Thank you for that info !!

New to forums so wasn't sure where to put it - but will post all future ones in the "Dunnunda" forums

When you say happens all the time here - may I ask where you fly out of ?

Thanks again for your help