PDA

View Full Version : Aeroplane hire in Barcelona

douglasheld
22nd Apr 2012, 12:52
Hello, I'm going to Barcelona the first week of May.

I'm the holder of a JAR PPL from the UK, with just over a hundred hours. Can anyone suggest information about hiring an aeroplane there for some poking around?

I'm qualified to fly a PA-28 or C-15x, nothing more. Thanks in advance for any help.

MartinCh
22nd Apr 2012, 12:57
AeroLink and ACBS (aero club de BCN sabadell) out of Sabadell should be able to help you. Google it.
Sabadell is fairly near BCN. There may be other estabilishments, but I don't know them all. (online only, so far)

douglasheld
22nd Apr 2012, 13:01
Thanks Martin. I forgot to mention I already did a little Googling and have emailed the Aero Club at Sabadell for information. I'd be just as happy to hire from an individual and thought I might find a willing owner here.

Other thoughts: what are some nice destinations nearby? I'd rather avoid controlled airspace and the flight plans I've been reading about. I have yet to buy my Jeppsen, so I'm not clear on what other aerodromes we have available nearby.

Jan Olieslagers
22nd Apr 2012, 19:08
The aeroclub of Sabadell have a second field, high up in the Pyrenees mountains, where they do their glider flying. La Cerdanya it is called, in their Catalan language. Must be a lovely place, and for them a well-known flight.

172driver
24th Apr 2012, 10:45
Other thoughts: what are some nice destinations nearby? I'd rather avoid controlled airspace and the flight plans I've been reading about. I have yet to buy my Jeppsen, so I'm not clear on what other aerodromes we have available nearby.

Flying in the BCN area and avoiding CAS are somewhat mutually exclusive. However, I'm sure the chaps where you end up renting from will give you a good briefing.

I would suggest, however, to download the relevant info from the AENA website (free registration required) beforehand and to program the VFR transit routes into your GPS. The VRPs aren't all that obvious and if you are not familiar with the area some are very hard to find. This route, btw, also doubles as arrival/departure route(s) for Sabadell.

All that said, a nice area to bimble about is the wine growing area to the SW of Reus, also the Ebro delta.

Enjoy!

douglasheld
24th Apr 2012, 23:43
Thanks Jan & 172!